Monday, March 6, 2017

Is witchcraft a religion?

Today’s my facts are coming from Buckland’s Complete Book of Witchcraft. In the introduction, Raymond Buckland states that witchcraft is not a step back or a retreat into a more superstition filled time. He goes on to tell us that it is a step forward, because Witchcraft is a religion more relevant to the time than churches. This fact alone kept me reading when I was using this book for some research on Witchcraft. I love how he views witchcraft as an acceptance of personal and social responsibility, an acknowledgment of a universe and a means towards a raising of consciousness.


If you are truly looking for a broader understanding of Witchcraft then I suggest reading Raymond Buckland’s book. It will not only interest you, but it will give you an deeper concept about the religion of Witchcraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment