Monday, September 21, 2020

Life and Love Lessons Chapter 22

 

Life and Love Lessons

* * *

Adult Content if Under 18 Leave Site, Please.

M/M Content

Unedited Story

* * *

Chapter 22

Conversation flowed around him, but it slipped in and out of his mind. The voices he knew, some more familiar than others. All seemed to talk about him. Rex wasn’t sure when he had . . . fallen asleep? Lost consciousness? Whatever had happened, but it was clear he’d missed something.

“Coven Leader Aspen, were you like Beta Larry, aware of your son’s plan?”

Official tone. Rex had woken in the middle of his entire plan being revealed to the higher ups. Heads would most likely roll and Larry was going to take the brunt of it if he did not get his ass moving.

“Head Supernatural Leader David Perry, I swear to you, I would never have allowed my son to do such. I knew the first time I came for a visit that something was off. I tried to get him to confide in me, but . . .”

There was a huge sigh and then a gruff voice that sent shivers rushing down my spine, settling in my groin. “What I want to know is how a true born beta like that bastard could allow the one that should have been his Alpha to degrade himself instead of standing beside him?”

“Beta Fabin, stand down.”

That sharp command had Rex bracing his hands on the side of the sofa and pushing himself upright. “Do not,” every head in the room turned. “Blame Larry for doing as I told him.” Rex cleared his parched throat. Why was he so dry? “I discussed my plan of actions with my former - - Larry. He voiced his displeasure and dislike in my plan of attack. He could not come up with another way, nor could I. I did what was best for the wolves I was born to lead. They deserved better and I was going to ensure the ones who requested it, got it. No matter the cost to me and my wolf. It was all we could settle for.” Rex believed it was what any good werewolf would do.

“There is several things in there that I’d like addressed, Head Supernatural David Perry.” Alpha Widows placed his hand on Fabin’s shoulder and squeezed. “Remain still. That’s an order, beta.”

“You have the floor, Alpha Widows.”

“First, Rex, you were brave to do what you did. Second, Beta Larry has done admitted that he requested you aid the pack, at any cost to yourself. That was wrong of him. He is to assistant the Alpha, you are not and could not be the Alpha. What he should have done was contact the Pack Master himself.” Alpha Widows frowned, then shifted his attention to Larry, before moving back to me. “I can not help but feel that there is more to the story between you and him. I also would like for you to explain what Larry is a ‘former’ of.”

Shit. He’d caught that slip. Rex hadn’t meant to give that away, but . . . No going back, but there is a way out of it. “Since Mr. Chamberland is under restriction and his appointed overseer is not present, I request a private meeting with Head Supernatural David Perry.” Turned out not to me his wisest move, but in his defense he learned a valuable life lesson.

“Son,” Aspen came over to him and sighed as he shook his head. “You are no longer a member of the Chamberland Pack.”

“What?”

He’d heard that before. Didn’t believe it then, because Alpha Widow had been spouting off about him belonging to him. First off, Rex belonged to no one, but himself.

“He is right.” Fabin ran his hand up my arm, stopping to caressa my cheek. “The moment I announced you as my true mate, you became a member of the Calvary Pack. You know belong to Alpha Widows. That means you must make your request through him, and he must go through the Pack Master and so forth.”

“Bullshit.” Rex rushed backwards, shaking his head until he tumbled over the sofa, landing on the other side, crashing through a glass coffee table.

“Crap.” Fabin shouted. “Are you all right?”

Hands ran up and down Rex’s arms and legs faster than he could brush them away. Each touch only added to the fire rushing through his veins. Each passing second more and more bubbled to life, flowing upwards towards the tips of his fingers, until . . .

“STOP!”

Fabin’s entire body went stiff and he toppled over backwards. One deep chuckle flowed through the room that had gone quiet. A snot accompanied it, as did a sucked in deep breath as if someone had tried to hold in a laugh. Rex wasn’t sure what had happened. All he knew was the tips of his fingers stung and tingled. The fiery feeling had faded, leaving behind an ice like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment