Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Life and Love Lessons Chapter 1


Life and Love Lessons
* * *
Adult Content if Under 18 Leave Site, Please.
M/M Content
Unedited Story
* * *
Chapter 1
Not another one. Rex cranked up the stereo, drowning out his mom and dad’s shouting match. He was not sure what was taking place between the two of them. They never once raised their voice to one another. Not until his eighteenth birthday. Last two weeks, they’d had a continuous shouting match. Wasn’t sure if it was the same topic or something different each night, but always ended up the same way, dad storming into the guest room and mom into their room crying until she fell asleep. It was old. I wanted my lovy, dovy parents back. I missed them making me sick with their PDA around my two best friends. It was two weeks from Summer Break and it was my last one before I left for college. I did not want it full of them yelling at one another. Nope. Wanted it full of time on the ranch, racing the horses with Seth and Calvin, and nights spent two towns away in the clubs.
The bedroom door flew open and mom’s short, hard working built frame body marched in and over to the stereo.
“Downstairs, please.”
“Mom, privacy much.”
“You should have answered when I knocked.”
“Didn’t hear you.”
“Guess not, dang gum radio up loud enough they could hear it ten miles down the road.” She grinned at me, then marched out the door, as she repeated herself about getting downstairs.
Took a few more minutes to tidy up the bedroom, since mom had glared at the dirty shirt laying on the floor. She was one for neatness. Always had been. Then I made my way downstairs, finding dad sitting on the left side of the room, on the sofa near the window, staring out it. Mom sat on the opposite side of the room, which put a good twelve feet between them. Mom stared at dad, but her lips were down and her typical happy filled blue eyes were dull and sad. It broke my heart. Filled me full of fear.
“What’s up?” He sat down on the sofa that sat in the middle of the room in front of the red brick fireplace.
Mom moved to the edge of her seat and sighed, putting my already anxious body on edge. He sure did not get what he was expecting.
“Rex, your dad and I need some time alone to work out our issue.”
Good. No divorce. He could take a deep breath. Or so he thought.
“We are going to send you to North Carolina for the Summer. You are going to stay with some of friends of mine.”
“What! Hell no.”
“Watch that mouth.” Dad snapped.
“Dad, it’s my last Summer before college.”
“You will be home many times before you graduate from College. You will see Seth and Calvin lots. Not like they aren’t going to same college as you.” Mom sat back, nailing me with her  the subject is decide it’s over with stare.
“Dad, help me out here. You always told me about your Summer before you started college.”
Dad stood and walked over to the doorway, turning back to look at mom and then sighed deeply before he walked out of the room. He’d never walked out before a conflict was resolved. What in the world? None of this made any sense.
“Mom, please. I’ll stay at Calvin’s. You know his mom won’t care. You won’t have to see me at all.”
“No, Rex. I’m sorry, but this is the way it has to be.” She shook her head and looked me in the eyes. “I’m sorry. This is my fault, but you will understand soon enough. Go pack your suitcases. I’ll take you to the airport tomorrow morning.” She got up and left the room, leaving him sitting there seething.

No comments:

Post a Comment