Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Life and Love Lessons Chapter 27

 

Life and Love Lessons

* * *

Adult Content if Under 18 Leave Site, Please.

M/M Content

Unedited Story

* * *

Chapter 27

He made it to his room before Aspen appeared behind him. “You know he did not mean that the way it came across.”

“Does not matter.” Rex grabbed the tote bag and opened the top drawer that held the meager clothing he’d brought with him.

“What are you doing?”

“Leaving.”

“Why?” The pain laced in Aspen’s voice sent a streak of pain through my chest.

“I am not going to stay where I can become someone property. I am my own person.”

“That is not what a mate is. You know that.”

“That is what everyone keeps saying, but that is what they say either.”

“Huh?”

Rex shoved his jeans into the tote bag, pausing to look at Aspen. His left hand twisted around the right one, over and over. Just like he did when he was nervous and upset.

“Fabin and Alpha Widows said I belonged to their Pack. If I belonged to their pack, then I am theirs. My wolf will not stand to belong to anyone. He might defer to their power, but not to be owned by anyone. Not even his mate. And that is what he is wanting when he is carrying me off to his house to mate with me.”

“Do you not want to mate with me?”

Fabin stood behind Aspen, frowning with his entire face, even those beautiful, sexy eyes of his. Alpha Widows stood beside him, gripping his shoulder, but there seemed to be no reason for him to be doing so. Fabin held a defeated slump.

“If so . . . I will . . . It won’t be easy, but I will release you if you wish. If you could do it for Larry, then I can do the same for my mate.”

Shit. That is not what Rex wanted. Had not even wanted him to think such. Rex simply wanted to have a say in his own life. He had always decided what took place. Or been given a choice since he was twelve. His mom told him the importance of him being able to make solid and well-rounded decision. She swore that one day he would know the reason. It had became clear when he discovered his wolf.

“Son, is that what you wish?”

“No.” Rex dropped the three shirts he held. “I simply . . . You might be . . . You are stronger than my wolf, but . . . He secretly controlled the Chamberland Pack and held them together when no one else tried to protect them. It was not easy and I can not ignore my strength. I will not. Nor will I be given orders about my own life. I will make my own decisions, or nothing will come of us. As much as I do not wish that, I have to have a say in my life. I have had such since I was twelve and I will continue to.”

“And you shall.” Warlock Councilman Bryon Perry’s voice rang clear before him and a seven foot, black military cut hairstyle man appeared beside Aspen.

“Father,” Aspen gave a small bow to the man with a chiseled, rounded face that held two dimple dead center of each cheek. “Mixed Supernatural Councilman Alvin Thomas” It is a pleasure to see you both. What do we owe this unexpected visit.”

“Thought it would be best to explain to our newest member what his roll among the Mixed Supernatural World would be.” Mixed Supernatural Councilman Alvin Thomas said as his eye ran up and down Rex’s body, giving him small chills. You are gorgeous as fuck.

What the . . . Who was . . .

You heard me. Good. That means things between us is going in the right direction all ready. You will know more when the time is right. Stay calm for now. Soon you will understand.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment