Monday, March 22, 2021

Inherited The Mob Chapter 3

* * *

Unedited Free Written Story

Adult Content. If under 18 leave the site.

M/M Content

* * * 


Chapter 3

Something was wrong with James. Wonder what? We’d done had two shots and two beers, but anger still radiated from him. James had excused himself to go to the bathroom and Tommy walked over with two more beers and two more shots. Sat them on the table and said, “One me darlin.” His smile had me wiggling in my seat like a young teenager. “Darlin, make sure your friend keeps your anger in control.”

“I will.”

Tommy nodded, winking as he spun and walked back thru the crowd. James came back and slid into his seat, still spilling anger. Bobby took in a deep breath and said, “Man, you’ve got to chill out with the anger waves. Everyone can feel them.”

“Shit. Sorry, man. I’ll be fine in a minute.” He picked up the shot and tossed them back one behind the other, chasing them with the beer, taking some deep breaths afterwards. Would have had my head spinning, but James’ shoulder relaxed and the ripples of anger that had been flowing from him faded into nothingness. 

The rest of the evening was full of great chatter, excellent food, amazing games of darts and pool. Before Bobby knew it, it was midnight. He hated to end their time together, but Tommy was getting off of work and he had plans.

“Been a blast, James.”

“Has. Let’s do it again.”

“Love to. Call you later.” James rubbed the back of his neck, hating himself for leaving, but longing to see Tommy as well. “Tommy’s getting off of work. I’m heading out to wait for him. Have a great night.”

“Will do. Since there’s no one here worth looking at, I’m heading home.”

The crowd had only gotten thicker, so he had to push himself thru a hoard of people to get so Tommy could see him point toward the door. Once he did, Bobby headed outside to his bike. He’d been kicking at the rock gravel for about five minutes when Tommy came out with a sour expression. Soon as he came up to me, he put his hands on his hips and said, “Thought you two had nothing going on?”

“Who?”

“James and you?”

“We don’t. Friends. Why?”

“He just came up and told me to leave his fucking man alone or I would regret it. You know I have to report the threat.”

Crap. Why would James do that? He knew what a tight rope he walked with our Alpha. Not to mention we were just friends. Bobby might have thought some wild thoughts about him, but never mentioned anything to him. Never would have. They were just off the wall thoughts. Did not poach on my friendships. Never had.

“Listen, Tommy, I don’t know what’s up with him, but I’ve never had a relationship with him. If you don’t want to go tonight tell me and I will go home.” Would fell like kicking James’ ass, but would respect Tommy’s wishes.

“Nah, man. It’s fine. I’ve just waited . . . Uh . . . Four weeks for you to get off restrictions to ask you out. Then got slammed with that.”

He waited to ask me out? Cool. Yes. Sweet.

“Then . . . Let’s go have some fun.” Bobby pushed away from his bike. “Who’s bike?”

“We’ll take mine since I work here. Boss won’t tow it.” Tommy sprinted off saying he’d be back with his helmet.

Bobby’s mind was stuck on the fact that someone had waited to ask him out. It’d been a long ass time, if ever, that someone had been interested enough to do something so sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment