Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Inherited The Mob Chapter 6

 


* * *

Unedited Free Written Story

Adult Content. If under 18 leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 6

Bobby waved at Tommy as he walked to the book in the back corner of Super Ben’s Bar and Grill. Five minutes later, he joined him with two beers and burgers and fries. While the two of them ate, Bobby filled him in on what the Alpha said.

“So . . . You sure I’m . . . You want to . . . Try this with . . . Me?” Never lacked so much confidence in my life.

He nodded.

“You realize I live from paycheck to paycheck.”

“What’s that got to do with anything?”

“You live in the middle of the pack.”

“Hold up.” Tommy slid our empty baskets aside. “I may live in a huge house, but I only own it because Uncle Tony bought it for my graduation. I have a trust fund that is mine to use at any time, but I don’t like to use it at all. I was raised to live off what you make.” He took hold of my hand and ran his thumb over my knuckles. “So, yes I want to try a relationship with a man who lives from paycheck to paycheck.”

Tension in the bar went up as it went silent. Both of them looked around, spotting James at the doorway. He met Bobby’s eyes, but cast them down quickly as he walked over to the bar. There was something that did not set right inside Bobby’s gut with the lack of actions.

“I hate leaving you with him in here. I can’t protect you if I’m not here.”

“I’ll be fine, but if you don’t leave now, you’ll be late.”

Tommy was right. I scooted out of the booth and gave him a peck on the cheek, handing him the money for the check.

“I’ll see you at the back of the store at five.” He nodded at me. “Call if you need me.”

Bobby took one more look towards the bar as he made his way to the door. James met his eyes again, smiling at him. There was something there, but Bobby could not tell what it was. He could not put his finger on it. If only he could then . . . The entire situation would be different. He was sure about it.

He caught sight of Tommy walking into the office. Bobby wasn’t sure why, but he hoped that he was asking the boss to put the bouncer on alert while James was there. Bobby made it back to work on time and the rest of his shift went by slow. Might have been because he kept looking at the clock to see if it was five.

When he walked outside, Tommy was agaisnt his bike with his arms crossed.

“Want me to cook you supper tonight?”

“Sounds great.”

“Follow me home.”


No comments:

Post a Comment