Monday, May 1, 2023

Moloch's Prophecy Chapter 37 (Final Chapter)

 * * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 37

Ez and I made our way down the steps and into the living room when Maga came in holding a dark amber drink. Looked as if he’d pulled out his top notch liquid for Your Highness.

“Father, why are you taking advantage of my new family?”

“It is not an advantage, Prince.”

“See, I’m not rude, son.”

“Matter of opinion.” Ez huffed and led me over to the sofa across from his father, sitting me down. “What was you thinking entering our bedroom like that?”

“You should have contacted me before you sealed yourself together. Should you not?”

I refused to wiggle in my seat under his intense stare. Ez snapped his finger in front of my face, not to get my attention, but to drag his father’s attention back to him. I’d have to give him a huge kiss when his father was gone.

“And why should I do that? It is my life and he is my Chosen One. We were within our right, were we not?”

Your Highness waved his hand, like swatting a mosquito away. “Doesn't matter where my son is concerned. I have the finally say.”

“If that is what you think, then you can take my title form me and shove it up your demon leadership ass, father.” Ez stood and pointed at the door. “Leave and take all your guards with you. We do not need you.”

What the heck was he doing? I did not want him to do that. His father would blame me. Blame Maga. Take it out on him and my entire family. I went to stand, but Maga motioned for me to remain seated, so I did, staring up at Ez.

Moloch sprang to his feet, speed walking to Ez, getting in his face. “You will do no such think. You are my only child.”

“Then I guess you accept my Chosen One and respect our home from this point forward.”

Moloch huffed and spun on his heel. “You are leaving me no choice.”

“Guess not.”

“Ungrateful son.”

“Guess so. Either that or nothing at all.”

“Fine. Fine. You can have your Chosen One.”

“Know I will.”

Ez had known how to play his father the entire time. He knew what would happen when he played his trump card. I’d not been on top of my game where Moloch was concerned, but Maga had, which was why he alerted me to remain seated and let Ez play his game. Guess Ez knew his father like most people knew there’s.

Would I ever know Maga that much? Didn’t matter if I did then or not, one day I would know him enough to be able to read his signs and his state of mind. That’s what I wanted, one day when it was proper. Until then, what we had was perfectly acceptable. 

“I will leave it up to Maga to get this place setup for security and make it safe for you and your Chosen One. I will make the statement this evening. Until then . . .” Moloch sighed, “You will have to have extra guards stationed here.”

“Yes, Your Highness.” Maga stepped forward. “I”m already on top of it.”

“Figured as much.” Moloch walked out of the room without another word.

“Guess I shouldn’t have expected a well wish or congratulations.” Ez flopped down beside me, taking my hand. “Least he agreed to our combining.”

“He had no other choice.” I leaned over half in his lap, kissing him until he wrapped his arms around me.

“Um.” That was nice. “What did I do to get that?”

“You stood up to the big old master demon for me.”

“Would no matter what it cost me, baby.”

“Most would not have been willing to give up an entire empire for little ole me.”

“Then they would have been unworthy of you.” Ez took hold of my cheek, placing a light kiss on my lips. “You are worth everything to me. No matter how much it cost me, you will always come first to me. Got me?”

“I do. What now?”

“We live our lives together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment