Monday, October 30, 2023

Free Write Scene


Every other minute last night I heard a bark or a growl or a whine of some kind. There had been many nights of late that the night had been full of those sounds, but fear of wild, fighting dogs kept me locked inside my house. Last night was no exception. At least the ruckus ended earlier than normal last night. It made me wonder what in the world happened. If they caught whatever they’d been after all these nights or if they finally gave up on the chase. Whichever didn’t really matter as long as it was one of those and they remained gone.

“There.” I laid down my purple mascara, nodding at the mirror loving the dark triangle I’d created at the corner of my eyes. “You’ve done it again, Jason.” I roamed my hand down my wife-beater shirt, giving myself one more glance over before I left the room, heading off to the office.

I got one foot into my hallway, pausing. Okay, I screamed like some little bitch-of-a-girl. Who wouldn’t have when they found a naked man laying half in their open door and their hallway? And not just any naked man, but his business partner, the man he’d had a secret crush on for the last five years, the man he’d pined away for from afar like a fool.

“Davis, oh my Mother of Earth.” I rushed over to him, kneeling, forcing my eyes to remain on his face. A face that you no longer saw the normal tanned skin. Instead you saw darkening purple and blues covered with drying blood from slashes. “What happened you, my dear?” I ran my hand over the top of his head. “I’m calling for an ambulance.” I reached into my back pocket, extracting my phone.

“No.” Davis’ hand lifted from his side, pulling a groan from him. “Please, don’t.”

“You need medical help.”

“Just help me up and to a bathroom, Jason, please.”

“And what can you do in a bathroom?” 

With private hatred of myself, I reached down, slipping my arms under his arms and tugged until he was able to get his knees under him and together we got him standing. He wobbled a bit as he stood there, staring at me.

“I just need a shower and a moment of alone time too. . . well, you’ll know soon enough, but for now just accept that this will all heal on me quickly.”

“Yeah right. Someone did a hell of a number on you, my friend.”

“I’ve had worse.” Davis sighed. “Will take worse for you any day.” He muttered as he headed towards my bathroom.

“What did you just say?”

“Nothing.”

“Why did someone beat you up because of me?”

I’d done nothing stupid as of late. That I knew of anyway. Actually, I’d been doing my best to stay out of trouble after the last fiasco with the Campbell Brothers. Davis pulled me out of the fire on that one and I had no clue how he managed to soothe their ire when I’d riled them up by insulting their son.

“Let me get cleaned up. Can I borrow some clothes?”

Oh yeah. Didn’t need him walking around me all naked and stuff. My libido would rise up soon as it registered how bare-chested Davis was. Shocked me my cock hadn’t already woke up. 

“I’ll bring you some sweats. It’s all I have that will fit you.”

Davis was a bit taller than me and had way more broad shoulders and chests than me, but him in any of my clothing would be awesome. 

I didn’t have to knock on the bathroom door or anything to give him the clothing. It stood open and Davis stood behind the glass shower door with water cascading down his body. What I wouldn’t do to be in there with him.

“Talk to me, Davis. What happened?”

“You aren’t going to let me clean up are you?”

“No. Not when you are pulling my name into whatever caused this when I know of nothing I’ve done.”

“It’s not your mistake this time.”

“Then whose?”

“Mine.” He heaved a deep sigh as his hand reached for the bottle of body soap. “I’m not like most people, which you knew just not all the details about, and we have certain rules we have to follow when we are ready to involve someone in our lives.”

“Quit being evasive.”

“Fine. Fine. But if I come right out and say this then you are involved in my life fully, rather you want to be or not. I’m trying to save you that.”

“Give me that choice.”

“That’s it, you won’t have a choice. If I tell you, then you are in for the rest of your life even if you wish to leave you won’t be able to. They will make you stay and live a life with me.”

Live a life with him? What was he going to tell me that entailed me living a life with him? It sounded as if . . . Could he have feelings for me and I not know it? If so, he’d not picked up on my attraction to him, but the attraction was one thing going full in for an entire life . . . Mother of Earth, I could be blowing something much simpler up, but pushing forward to find out might mean ending my life as it is. Or that’s what it sounded like. Was it worth it?

Yes. This was Davis. Anything was worth it for him.

“Tell me.”

“Are you one hundred percent sure? I will continue to stand between you and them for as long as it takes.”

“Tell me. You are not going to keep getting beat up like this. It will kill you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment