Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Mythical Creature Post


Today as I was looking over the choices from my little book, I noticed a section titled, Creatures from films and literature. There were three sub-section: Superheroes, Comic Book Heroes, and Monsters.

I for one do not view Superheroes or Comic Book Heroes as mythical. Yes, they are extraordinary people with unnatural abilities, but I personally do not view them as anything other than a hero. Monsters, well I believe that there is a difference between monsters and mythical creatures. Many of those mythical creatures are hard on the eyes, and have some nasty habits, and are described as monsters, but to fall into a category of Monsters, I do not see that. To me they are what they are, Mythical Creatures from a folklore of a specific region.

So, my question for the day is:
Do Superheroes or Comic Book Heroes fall under the realm of Mythical Creatures?


No comments:

Post a Comment