Monday, February 13, 2017

Witchcraft Day



Ceremonial Magic has many symbols, but Lamen, a breastplate worn on the chest supported by a ribbon, collar, or cord around the neck is the one I will be discussing today.

In Cabalistic Traditions it is used to represent the forces of Tiphareth, the central unifying Sephirah of the Tree of Life. The Abramelin system used the term differently. To them, it is a silver plate on which the Holy Guardian angel writes in letters formed of dew.


I know there are a lot of terms that many will not know in this post, but each one can be researched. My main point of this post was to show how one aspect can represent different things. These facts came from: The New Encyclopedia of the Occult by John Michael Greer, page 266. There is a black and white photo on this page as well. I could not find a photo similar to it, so I did not add one.

No comments:

Post a Comment