Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Mythical Creature Conversation




This week I’m going to be giving you a snippet of a conversation between two characters. These are plucked from my mind as I sit sipping my Cold Brew.

If you are under 18 leave the site.
Unedited Conversation
M/M Content
* * *

“How am I supposed to talk to you?”

I can hear you fine. I can respond to you. Therefore . . .

Calvin despised talking to Allen’s dragon form. It felt wrong. “Change back for me.”

Why?

“That form is . . .” he huffed, cursing under his breath. “Intimidating.”

Why?

“You are a huge dragon, sitting on the top of a rock that is surrounded by moonlight and a thick fog covers the lower half. It is like you are towering over me.”

I am.

“Then you mean to intimated me?”

No. I simply want you to accept that I am not human. That I have a second form. That I can take you places you only dreamed of. I can give you everything your heart desires. This small alcove of stones holds all my treasures. Treasures that will come to you the day that my dragon descends to the next life to find your soul again.

“That is what I don’t’ get.” Calvin sighed. “This is all so unreal. Dragons don’t exist. They are mythical creatures. Made up stories that  came to life throughout time to ease a child to sleep. Or scare them into doing what they were supposed to do.”

You see they are real. You have seen me in this form at least once a month for five years. I have given you time to come to terms with my other side, but . . . You have to do so, or I will have to step aside and let you move on.

“I don’t want to move on.” He rubbed his temple. “I just need - -“

There is no more time. My leader will not allow me to remain with someone who will not accept me. He had made it a decree that I have to have your full support or . . .

“or what?”

I have to let you go and spend the rest of my life in my alcove of stone. Watch over you from afar. Ensure your safety, but be apart from you. Do you understand the spot I find myself in. I do not want to watch you from afar. I want to be the one that comes to your bed each night. The one that holds you close when you have nightmares about your parents death. The one that cooks your meals. The one that ensures you have all you need. The one who gives you the world. What else can I say? I have laid my heart out to you night after night. You know my deepest secret. What is your decision? Me and my dragon, or a life without me.



No comments:

Post a Comment