Monday, October 29, 2018

Witch Flash Fiction Monday




* * *
If under 18 leave site.
m/m paranormal romance
* * *


White streaks hit bright blue ones, creating a rainbow effect against the bright yellow wall. Who painted a wall yellow? Why in the heck did it matter? Horton shot fucking white lighting from his fingertips. Blue ones flew from Cal’s palm.

“Nice isn’t it?”

“What the . . .” I balled up my fist and swirled around, letting my body apply more force behind my punch. “Ah shit . . .” I shook my hand. “What the . . . who the . . .”

“Can you not complete a sentence?” The stranger red-haired man crossed his arms. “Horton said his man was a genius.”

“I am.” I huffed. What would he be doing if people were appearing out of nowhere beside you. Your lover had streaks of lighting flying from his fingers and his best friend threw around blue like flames.

“Don’t seem like it.”

“Who are you?” Not that it mattered to me. I had too much else to figure out and like the red-haired guy said, I was a genius. My brain new what I was seeing was impossible, but yet . . .

“Tommy.” The man held his hand out. “Horton’s oldest brother.

Oldest. Crap. Horton told him his eldest brother was a pain in the ass on his best days.

“Guess you are freaking out.”

I wasn’t going to dignify that with an answer. Pretty clear. Or it should have been.

“Guess it’s a shitty way to find out your love is a Witch.” Tommy shrugged. “Better than how my wife found out.”

I’d found nothing out. All I’d seen was sparks and flames being tossed around. Wasn’t sure how, but they were coming from Horton and Cal. No logical . . . “Hold up.”

“What?” Tommy scanned the room.

I wasn’t going to speak to the Tommy guy beside me, because he wasn’t there. None of what I was seeing was taking place. Someone had slipped something in my drink at the Halloween Party. Horton had told me not to drink anything colored. I hadn’t . . . Didn’t mean someone didn’t slip something into his bottle water. Then again . . . I’d not sat my bottle down. At all.

“What are you doing?” Horton’s voice broke through my replay of the party. “You were called here to keep him safe.”

“He is safe.”

“He’s driving himself . . . Fuck. Never mind. Take your ass home if you can’t do something simple for me.”

“Not simple request, little brother.”

“It was.”

Warmth soaked into my skin as Horton tugged me against his body. “Sorry, babe. I wasn’t expecting . . . Crap. I’ve got a lot to explain.”

“Did I . . . Where you . . . How did . . . Why was . . .”

“Okay, babe.” Horton rubbed his cheek against his. “I’ll explain everything. I promise.”

“You best.”

“Shut it, Cal.” Horton’s tone had me winching. “Sorry, babe.”

“he’s right, you know.” Tommy’s tense tone had me shifting my head towards him, leaving the safety of Horton’s chest. “you screwed up big time.”

“not my fault.”

“Don’t care whose it was. You both knew better.”

“That’s right. We both did.” Horton’s soft tone settled around me, soothing my racing mind. If it could only erase the scene that unfolded a few seconds ago. “What happened?”

“Alex,” Tommy’s rough tone made him flinch, “Horton will explain all. Me and Cal have a few things to discuss.”

“I didn’t . . .”

The words faded as a flash of orange light streaked across the room, taking Tommy and Cal with it. That was it for me. The room spun and the lights went out.


No comments:

Post a Comment