Thursday, January 3, 2019


Demon Flash Fiction
Want to start off today’s post by saying thanks to my followers. The last month has been rough between illness and weather and I have not been able to post. Hope to start the year off on the right foot with getting back to blogging, editing and letting my creativity soar. What better way than some great flash fiction.

* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
 M/M Content
* * *
Hon, you with me?”
I nodded, but knew he wasn’t following his lover of fifteen years. Fifteen years and he’d never knew. Never expected. He knew Fire Demons existed. All kinds did. One of the Water Demon accidently drowned some of the Secret Service when they tried to commander his home to hide the Vise President after his convey came under attack.
“Hon, you don’t,” Rex took his hand, “look so good.”
What did Rex expect? His lover, best friend, man he told everything to, but was not worthy of the same.
“I could care less what you are.” I jerked my hand free, slamming his palm into Rex’s chest, sending his kneeling lover to his ass. “You lied to me.”
“That’s . . . your . . .” Rex stood and shoved his hands into his pocket. “it doesn’t bother you that - -“
“I couldn’t care less if you shit and spit fire, but I told you every little despairing accident that affected my life before and after I met you.”
“I’m sorry, Cage.”
“Why?”
“No one in my family have every told anyone about our horrible side.”
Horrible side? What in the world? Did his lover truly believed that demons were bad? None Cage knew were. His sister-in-law was a Tree Demon and her sister was a Fire Seeker Demon. From what he learned about her taught him that she was born mix breed, which apparently was the worst kind of demon known. Why did Rex think his fire side was horrible. Surly he had miss understood what Rext meant.
“Hon, what’s going on inside your sexy, gorgeous mind?”
“Do you really believe your fire side horrible?”
A nod and lowered head was his answer.
“Why?”
“When I was five I lost control, creating a blaze that consumed the bedroom. The smoke . . . it was suffocating. Deadly. Literally.”
I easily came to my feet, hugging Rex into my chest. He might have been pissed about the lie, but like most time, something knew came to life. His lover’s fear of fire made sense. That was worth more than any anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment