Monday, July 31, 2023

Just a Free Write

 



Could not find a prompt that interested me today, so I sat down and just free wrote the start of something for you guys. Hope you all enjoy it.

Let your imagination soar.


It’d been a long time since I called on my talent and for good reason. Last time I did so, dozens died, but if I didn’t do so millions might lose their lives according to the vision Luca, Prince of the Clairvoyant, rambled to me in his drunken state six nights ago. He’d not meant to tell me. After he spilled his beans and sobered up, he came begging me to keep my mouth shut. Prince Luca said it was of the utmost importance. Life or death, mine and his apparently. His father had issued a gag order on him and if King Harry discovered his son broke it he’d lynch him in front of his subjects to prove how serious it was for people to obey his directives. I’d just be a sideshow to ensure that no one else discovered the secret his son spilled. I knew King Harry’s wrath firsthand, didn’t need a second show of it.

Didn’t mean my gut allowed me to sit aside and let the world come to an end when I could do something to stop it. And King Henry knew I could have stepped up and ceased the problem at hand. Why had he not come to me? Did he still despise my past acts so much that he would let the world end before he asked me for help? Surely not. It was my ability to forestall what was to come that had me groping in a lily pond to find the perfect aged toads and baby lily pads for the spell required. Heck fire, next I’d be transporting myself into the Spirits Graveyard to gather some ancient dirt from Lord Dracula’s resting place. The other four ingredients weren’t as complicated to locate, but were tricky to convince sellers to sell to me. After my last fiasco, High Priest Eric put a limit on what I was allowed to cast and therefore monitored what I bought. I’d never once gone to a black-market seller before, mainly because I’d not cast a spell in over five decades, but even if I had wanted to I never would have debased myself to go to one.

Guess I will be. There was no way around it. What was a little shame if the world survived? People could think what they wished of me long as they were alive to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment