Monday, July 17, 2023

Weekly Writing Prompt

Prompt came from: https://fabledplanet.com/50-fantasy-writing-prompts/ 


Prompt: You wake up with the ability to shapeshift into any animal of your choosing. How do you use this to solve your problems?



Sun warmed my face as I stretched my legs, letting the silk sheets slid down my bare legs. It was going to be a beautiful day. I laid there soaking in the morning rays when a stinging began racing through my legs up to my waist, over my chest and down my arms. I was just about to stand up when my body spasmed. I’m sure I yelled, but I don’t think that’s what came out of my mouth because my roommate charged into my room shouting.


“When did you get a cat?”


Cat? He was allergic to cat. I’d promised to never bring animals into the house. It was the one rule he had and the one thing that could get me kicked onto the street again. The one place I did not want to be. Before I knew what was truly going on, I darted under the thick piled up comforter and sheets burying myself out of sight.


“You aren’t even here.” Gregory huffed and muttered something about he must being hearing things. I waited until I heard him shut the door and then extracted my small body from the pile of covers.


I jumped off the bed and ambled over to the mirror on the closet door, taking in the yellow tabby that stared back at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment