Monday, October 31, 2016

Thoughts on Witches


There are a lot of aspects that I love about witches. Not the funny hats or long pointed nose. Those are Halloween costumes. I find the hardcore aspects of what witches truly are. If you read books based around them then you would have seen some differences, like with any book. How could there not be. Each book must be unique in some small manner. One concept I find interesting is the elemental use to cast spells.

There’s one main difference in this area. Some stories go by there being four elements, wind, fire, earth, and water, and those are related to North, South, East, and West. I’m not sure which way Wicca considers, but from a writer’s perspective this is the most common. Now, me on the other hand, I base most of my witch paranormal romances around five elements. Fire, Earth, Water, Wind, and Spirit. I still use the directional aspect in one of my books, but spirit is the middle location for me. To me Spirit is the core of all magical spell. Now, this is not to say that in future stories I might stray from this concept, but this is my personal belief about Witches and the elemental concept.



Which way do you prefer it as a reader, or writer?

No comments:

Post a Comment