Monday, January 2, 2017

Pantacle


I’m sure we’ve all heard of the term Pentagram. Sure we’ve all seen photos of it at some point and time in our lives. I find it hard to avoid seeing the different styles of images and cartoon aspects they come up with to represent this image. But . . . That is not my topic for today’s discussion. It is . . . in a round about, way related, so I didn’t waste words.

Today I’ve chose the word Pantacle. This is a word I was unaware of its definition or if it was a someone made up. Low and behold, I learned it was an alternate spelling of “pentacle” What they have done is replaced the Greek root word penta (number five) with panta (all). So, it is related to Pentacle which is a standard working tool or magical weapon for ceremonial aspects. It also represents the element EARTH.


Source: The New Encyclopedia of the Occult by John Michael Greer

No comments:

Post a Comment