Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 26


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews


Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




Chapter 26
Cree
Not sure how long Hop held me while I let the unshed tears flow. I’d lost my dad and mom. Discovered so man lies that it made my stomach twist in knots. Wasn’t sure what all the tears was for. My lost loved ones. The lies. Or the deaths that still laid ahead. Didn’t matter. I cried and cried until there were no tears left. Then when Godfather sent Hop a text that we were needed in this office I was relieved that I had something else to think about.
“Where do we have this meeting?” I sat down on the leather sofa across from Godfather’s desk. My head did a double take when I saw a fresh bruise forming on Godfather’s left eye. I was up and in front of him before I thought. “Who hit you?”
“Don’t worry about it.” He gave my hand a squeeze and nodded back to the sofa.
“No. I want to know.”
“Baby,” Hop came over to me and tugged me back to the sofa. “Remember what we talked about.”
“yes, but he . . . Godfather.”
“He is, but I’m sure he is fine.”
“I am, my sweet boy.”
“You don’t lie to me. What happened?”
“Fine.” Godfather sighed. “I got in the way of an irate dragon.”
“The leader?” I couldn’t believe it. “This was on dad, wasn’t it?”
“This is the end of this conversation.” Godfather tossed Hop a stack of papers. “Here are some locations your father said he could have the Seneator at by tomorrow.”
I cursed the unanswered questions, but Hop had spoken and so had Godfather. I would get no more from either of them. Didn’t set well with me, but I knew what it meant, as much as I hated it.
“These are all on state property.”
“Correct. He says that it needs to be somewhere where the local police will have to call in the state police.”
“The FBI will be called soon as they find out who has been shot.”
“Common practice, but they will have to work with the state police and since the Senator is going to be there . . .”
“It would basically be an open and shut case. They would not dispute such a witness.
“Sounds like the perfect plan.”
“Does, Cree, but if your vision change you need to tell us. Immediately.”
“How will I know if it changes?” All this Seer business was new to me. Put me on uneven ground. More than the deaths of my mom and dad had. More than the lies had.
“You will know.” Hop said as he tugged me onto his lap. “You are a smart man.”
“What do we do about the dragon they stole from me?”
Godfather snorted out a huge stream of ice just as one left Hop.
“Does that mean neither of you know?”
“Means . . . there is nothing we can do. What he done is irreversible.:
Sucked, but just what I expected. It would have been nice to have my dragon, but at least I’m special in another way. I am not just a simple human whose the other half to a dragon. All I could do was bring the truth to life for Raquel. If she had not been going to kill Agent Carter then I might have wanted to get to know her, then again . . . nope. I would not have. She would have aborted me if she knew what my dad was. She’d said that.
“Until then, rest. Hop's father is going to meet the Senator and spend the evening dining with him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment