Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 28 (Ending)


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews


Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story



Chapter 28
Cree
We walked over to the statue. Godfather took the lead, stopping to the left of Agent Carter. He placed us so we could easily dive behind the statue. Never knew when a stray bullet would come your way. Hop pretty much blocked me from the sight of them, which was why I had to shove myself by him to greet Raquel. I would have given him a look that put him in his place, but . . . couldn’t be that type of person any longer. Had to live the way a dragon would. The way I would have been taught if Agent Carter had not stolen my dragon from me.
“Ka - - sorry. Cree, how are you.”
“Fine. You?”
“Would be better if you would . . .” I listened as she tried to plead her case about me getting to know her. I’d done told her how I felt about her, even though at that point I felt sorry for her. Facts about her had been kept from her by her Uncle. The one in the same who used magic to steal my dragon. Had to admit, it was going to give me some pleasure to bring to life just what Agent Carter had hidden.
“Raquel,” Godfather moved so he was standing halfway in front of me. “We did not ask you guys here to discuss what Cree has already answered. We have new facts that need to be brought to life.”
“What would that be?” Agent Carter scoffed. “Your kind are stupid and know nothing.”
I expected Godfather or Hop to defend themselves, but that didn’t happen.
“Have you guys heard of Seers?”
Raquel nodded.
“Do you know how to tell you are around one?”
Agent Carter rolled his eyes. Wanted to shoot him myself. He was a huge asshole.
“What is all this about?” Raquel crossed her arms, staring into Godfather’s arms.
“Tell me what you see when you look at Cree.”
I was up. Wasn’t sure if it was going to work. Hop’s father had told me how to let my Seer abilities to shine. I’d done it once or twice in Godfather’s office. Hoped I could do it then.
I shut my eyes and thought of the vision that had plagued me for the last couple of days. First one that Hop was shot in, then the newest version of the scene unfolding in front of me. A zinging feeling rushed from my fingertips to my face, circling it until it came to settle in my eyes. I slowly opened them and stared right at Raquel. I knew I done it soon as she gasped and took a step back.
“This is . . . There is . . . . Seers are . . . They come from . . .” Raquel spun to face Agent Carter. “Did you know?”
Agent Carter did not move. If I had not saw his chest rise and fall I would have thought someone propped a dead guy against the statue.
“You . . .”
Next few seconds were a blur of what I’d already seen. Raquel took a small step back and pulled a gun from behind her back. She aimed it at Agent Carter. Her finger pulled the trigger back and let it go without sparing a thought. The back-firing sound forced my hands over my ears as Hop lifted me off my feet and dived behind the statue. Godfather followed right along, landing over top of Hop. Sure we made a funny sight.
Once there was no other backfiring sounds, Godfather let us up. We stepped out from our cover to find a horded of people running our way. Sirens blared, drowning out all the questions from the onlookers.
Raquel stood there staring down at Agent Carter. “He should have told me.”
There would be no explaining his actions. All Agent Carter had to do was answer to his maker. The executioner style shot to the head brought his life to a unexpected end. Unexpected to him.
“You three do not . . . You knew.”
Before I could answer her a loud voice broke the small cocoon of seclusion that had seemed to surround us.
“What happened here?”
“I shot him.” Raquel squared her shoulder and held out the gun to the blue uniformed officer.
Looked like our plan had worked. We might have even gone a bit overboard on ensuring that no one thought the leader of the group that Agent Carter had been gunning for had nothing to do with it. Raquel was taking full blame for her actions. Tears spilled down her face as she explained that her and Agent Carter were involved in a family dispute. She went into no further detail and something about her openiness told me she would not.
“You three witness this?”
“We did.” Godfather nodded at the uniformed officer.
“Then wait for us to take your statement.”
“Yes, sir.”
“What do we do next?” I whispered.as I watched the m handcuff Raquel and stick her inside a police squad car.
“We,” Hop put his arm around my waist, squeezing. “Have your belated birthday party and introduce you to the Den. Then we begin our life as a bonded pair.”

2 comments: