Monday, December 2, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 25


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




Chapter 25
Hop
Simple. Right? Not. “We arrange to meet Raquel and Agent Carter in the presence of someone that will be honest and not related to us.”
“Who’s that?” Charlie propped his shoulder against the doorframe as I walked back into the bedroom and sat down beside Cree.
“Not sure.”
“Why not ask your dad?” Cree scooted under my arm and wrapped his arms around me. “I’m sure he will have some suggestion.”
Ugh. More time around my father did not sit well with my dragon, or me. I’d about blown up over him trying to aid me with my other half. What would I do if he tried the ‘tried to tell you’ speech.
“I can ask him.” Charlie gave me a small nod.
“Thanks.” I didn’t have to tell Charlie him running interference was appreciated. He knew what it took for me to be around my dad.
“I,” Cree’s sniffle had me locking eyes with him. Water shimmered down his cheek, settling in the little crevis that rested under his lips. “Would give anything to see my dad again, and here you are . . . you can’t stand to be around yours.”
“Not by choice, baby.”
“I know, but . . . it’s not right. I’m sure he would love to be around you.”
“I know he does.” I wiped the tears from his eyes and tugged him into my chest. “Let it go, baby. Let the last few days wash over you.”
It was like I’d given him permission to raise a surrender flag. My man did just what I told him to. Let his wavering breath rush free as long hard hiccups style cries flowed from him. Wasn’t a pretty sight, and definitely not one I wanted to relive again. It sucked not being able to stop my man’s heart from breaking. Least I could give him some closure. Agent Carter had taken Cree’s dad and mom, but he would get his. And at the hands of his own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment