Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 24


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story


Chapter 24
Cree
It was happening again. I was floating above my body as thing unfolded. Raquel and Agent Carter sat in Godfather’s office. Hop, Charlie, John, and me were all there. I wasn’t sure exactly what had happened before, but Raquel’s face was blazing red. If she had a dragon she’d been breathing fire. That I was sure of. It wasn’t until the volume kicked in that I realized what had happened before the dream . . . or as I’d just been told vision. Or I guess that’s what Seers would call them.
“You lied to me.”
Raquel had jumped to her feet and was closing in on Agent Carter, whose face was as equally red.
“Why? You led me to believe that it was my daughter that would become the destroyer when it was . . . Oh God. I’m the reason that . . . You all told me it was a . . . God. You should have killed me the moment I was born. Or before I was born, like you wanted me to do to Ka - - I mean Cree. Why did you want me to kill my child, but you let me live?”
“We were able to suppress your dragon inside your mother’s womb. We tried with you, but . . . Your daughter was stronger than you and refused to . . .”
“Give up her given birth.”
“You . . .” Godfather puffed out some white smoke, but it fade soon as Hop rested his hand on his arm. “You are why that wonderful child was born without a dragon. You stole her birthright.”
Lord have mercy. I had a dragon before I was born, but they stole it from me. Could it be retrieved? Is it why I became a Seer. Not that I minded being one. Or I didn’t think I did.
“I did what had to be done.”
“When did you do this to me?” Raquel snapped.
“During your sleep.”
It was then that chaos reigned down and it was not like the vision I had before. Nope. The rest of the vision had Raquel pulling a gun and firing it into the chest of Agent Carter instead of Hop or me. That sent shards of relief coursing through my entire body, but at the same time . . . it was sad to see the life flowing from someone. Not that I minded that Agent Carter would not be there to harass the Logan Den any longer. What bothered me was that Charlie had to explain the entire situation to the cops. Or . . . come up with a story to feed them.
“Come on baby. Open them sexy eyes for me.”
Fear streaked across Hop’s eyes. My hand came up to his face. He leaned his cheek into it and sighed.
“Just what I needed.”
“I always know what my man needs.”
“That you do, baby, that you do.” Hop sat back. “You okay?”
“Yeah. Think . . . the future has changed.”
“What do you mean?”
“We do not need to call Raquel here.”
“Why? We need to know - -“
“Yes, but not here. If we do, . . . Godfather will have to explain Agent Carter’s death.”
“What?”
“I saw it.”
“You had a vision?”
“Yep.”
“Shit. That’s what dad was trying to tell me.”
A knock cut off my remark.
Hop kissed me and then went and opened the door. “I know. A vision.”
“Ah, he’s awake then.”
“Yes, Godfather.”
“You scared me.”
“Sorry.”
“Okay. Long as you are fine.”
“He is.”
“Then our next step is . . .”


No comments:

Post a Comment