Monday, November 11, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 19


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story


 Chapter 19

Hop
Cree finding out in my bedroom hadn’t been the plan. Everything had been ruined. The claiming phase began before I asked him to marry me. It sucked ass. I’d wanted the entire experience of Cree learning about my way of life to be easy. Not a jumbled up mess.
Not like his question was a major issue. I knew Cree would know about my Dragon by the end of last night. Meant he’d would’ve been told about what would required of him as my other half. Cree already sated my fears of rejection. Yet . . . him having to follow every little thing I said could have changed his way of thinking on that aspect.
“Hop?”
Here went nothing. “A dragon’s way of life is different, very different, than the way you were raised.”
“How so. Why? Dad was one.”
Good point. Why hadn’t Rex followed the dragon’s way of life. Had he? If so . . . did that mean Cree would be more accepting? A fact I should have thought of asking Charlie.
“You can tell me if the way of life I describe is different than how your parents lived.” Best way I could think of answering without outright showing I’d failed to take note of how Rex and Grace lived. “Our other halves have to do as we say at all times. more so in my case since I’ll be the full leader one day.”
Cree’s pursed lips put a swirl in my stomach. My man wasn’t keen on others giving orders. He accepted them from Charlie and me pretty easy, but . . . He bucked  on ours a time or two.
“What else?”
Uh . . . What else was there to say. I’d pretty much stated it. It’d been clear and concise. Couldn’t think of a different way to say how dragon and their other halves lived. There was no detouring from that path. Other might get away with bending it, but Cree would not. I was the future leader. I had to set an example and that mean living up to the laws. No exceptions. “Not sure what you mean.”
“In all things. No exceptions. Even if you are not around I have no say if an unknown situation arises and you are out of contact. Does what you say overrule what Charlie says, or your father? Do other men have the right to order me around?”
Should have known Cree would nail me with all the fine details. He was smart and had no trouble working out the smallest facts of a situation. She took an in-depth look and broke thing into small scenarios and solves them before they arose.
“Since I’m the future leader there will be no exceptions.” I only restated that part to stress how important that aspect was. Cree knew how to behave, but it was harder for him to not step up and take control of a situation that affected him or his loved ones. “Other dragons, old and new, will look at us as a role model. There will be few times you are without guards, or me.” Another point I made sure to stress. My man had a thing about others watching his back. He tended to take a stand for himself. It’s how he’d been raised. I have to admit, I gave in for Charlie to teach her how to defend herself. Came in handy when Agent Carter invaded his home. “Since my main guars is Charlie he will always be around your, therefore if I am not around you would listen to him. Other than him or my father, no man will give you orders.”
He’d be the ones to give the orders. After me, he’s the next in line until we adopt a child. There were many dragon children that became parentless. Father set up an orphanage for them several years back. It would be a wonderful day when we chose a child to join our family.
That was actually a part of dragon’s way of life that made no sense to me. My other half wasn’t allowed to make decision without my consent, but if something happened to me, the leadership would fall to Cree until a child of ours was of age. And an heir to me did not have to be a male dragon. It could be a she-dragon.
“You are in deep thought.” Cree ran his thumb over my lip. “What’s bothering you?”
“Just confused about how strange our world is operated.”
Hadn’t meant my comment to be spoken, thankfully father wasn’t around to hear. Although . . . if it came right down to it, father might have agreed with my viewpoint. Made no sense for the men to have such tight reins on their other half when it’s possible that one day a female might rule over the entire dragon world.
“I have to agree with that.” Cree’s cute chuckle had me leaning in for a kiss, but he braced his hand on my chest. “I don’t and won’t understand why society did and some still do, believe that there should be a top dog in a relationship.” Cree shrugged and let his hand drop into my lap, resting just an inch from my hardening cock. “But . . . if this is how you live . . . I’ll do my best to adjust to it. You are my life. I’ve known that since we met. That won’t change because you are a dragon or because you are a future leader or because of your way of life.”
Words that sent rapid waves of relief from head to toe. Settled me more than I expected. More than I even knew I was worried about. The dragon might have been all gun-ho about making Cree theirs, but it had been afraid of rejection as much as I had. Hell, Charlie and father had been fearful. Most dragons mated to a human were.

No comments:

Post a Comment