Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 18 Part 2


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story


 “Baby, what happened?” Hop picked me up and sat me on his lap.
“Nightmare.” Was all I could say. There was no way I would put words to the dream. Speaking it would make it happen. Agent Carter kept me a secret from Raque for five years. Why? Dad kept me hidden. He wouldn’t have done so simply because I was part of the Dray family line.
There had to be more to it than that. If not . . . dad would not have lied to his best friend and break the custody agreement for something elementary. Wasn’t sure what his reason was, but had a good idea. If someone knew, or believed one person could bring destruction to an entire race they’d stop them. One way or another. Best way to prevent me from doing so was to eliminate me before the legend had a chance to bloom.
“Agent Carter wants me dead.” Fear thickened my voice, revealing the realness of the situation.
“If so . . . he won’t succeed. You are mine. Charlie and I will protect you with our lives.”
That’s what scared me. I didn’t want either of them harmed. They were my only family. If they failed to protect me the other Logan Family members would come to my aid. That would equal more deaths on my hand.
“Promise me you won’t endanger yourself or the rest of the family.” I tightened my hold on around his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment