Monday, November 4, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 18 Part 1


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story


Chapter 18
Cree
“Don’t.” I moved in front of Hop, blocking Agent Carter’s line of sight.
“Move. It’s either you . . . or him. I don’t want to kill my blood, but I will.”
Agent Carter would to. The dark, deep-set eyes were all I needed to see to confirm how serious he was.
Hop gripped my waist and spun so his back was to Agent Carter. I squirmed and squirmed, screaming for him to let me go, but . . . his grip remained firm. I was not going to let Agent Carter kill Hop because of me. Not a breath of me would allow it.
“He won’t get the chance.” Hop said just as I broke his grip and zipped in front of him.
“I mean it, Zoe.” There the jerk went again calling me by my ex-name. Could he not get it through his thick head that I was no long Zoe. I was Cree. Guess that just gave the man one more reason to point a gun at me. “Don’t make me break my promise to your mom.”
The door flew open and Raquel came flying in and right in front of Agent Carter. “Don’t you do it. She’s my daughter.”
“I’m no ones daughter.” Anymore.
“Move and take her with you.” Agent Carter shoved Raquel aside, never breaking his dead-on aim.
Raquel reached for the gun as Hop jumped in front of me. The gun fired, echoing through the room, making me cringe as I screamed my lungs out as Hop dropped to the floor, blood gushing from his chest.
I sat upright in the bed, shouting Hop’s name. His bedroom door flew open and he rushed to my side.
“What is it? What happened?”
My hand came to rest on his chest as my fingers traced the area above his heart. It wasn’t good enough. I needed to feel solidness, so I slipped my hand under his shirt, taking relief in cool skin. “You are fine. You’re fine.” I took a couple of deep breaths and rested my head against his chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment