Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 20 part 1


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story



Chapter 20
Cree
Wasn’t keen on being ordered, but . . . worth it to have Hop at my side for the rest of my life. People looking at me as a role model didn’t bother me. Once I learned to listen and do as Hop and Charlie said without bucking it’d be smooth sailing. I hoped. Until I did . . . uncomfortable, but handleable. Setting a poor example disgusted me, which would make it easier for me to catch onto what had to be done. Pure thought had my stomach twisting and turning like a tornado.
“Have to admit . . . you are taking it way better than expected.”
Hop’s fear made my forehead burn and the twisting turned into a bubbling that raced from head to toe. Then again . . . it might have been the entire last couple of days. My life had been flipping and flopping everyway. I’d taken thing in stride, on the outside. Inside . . . unease thickened worse than cement. Hop and Charlie couldn’t be allowed to see the real distress coursing through me. I wasn’t fooling myself. They’d be aware of it, but they knew me well enough to keep their mouths shut until I approached them ready to talk.
I’d done a bit of discussing, but . . .the entire situation with Raquel, dad, and mom bothered me more than letting a man control every aspect of my life. Small fact compared to the rest.
“Baby,” Hop cupped my cheek giving me a chaste kiss. “You going to be okay?”
Soon as I knew what to expect from Raquel and Agent Carter. The dream bugged me more than discovering dad and mom lied to me. I’d had many dreams over the years, similar one of pets dying. Even dreamed about one of the raids Agent Carter made on Mr. Thompson, the third ranked Logan House member, after he decked a couple of FBI agents. I told dad about the dream and he’d swore it was a fluke. I hadn’t thought so then, and right then I wished I’d taken my concerns to Hop or Charlie.
“Baby?”
I gave a shake of my head. ‘Not bothered by what you’ve told me. I get all that and will be able to life your way of life.” A simple shrug earned me a quirked eyebrow. “I’ll slip up for a few months. Maybe more. I’ll do my best to be the best other half I can be.”
“Not worried about mess ups.” Hop hugged me close. “It’s unavoidable. Charlie and I know that. So does, the other house members. They’ve watched you grow up and know you. Not as well as Charlie but . . .”
Wasn’t going there, so I diverted things. Sort of. “When’s your dad arriving?” Keeping things based on Hop gave me time to figure out the best way to approach my dream. Wasn’t sure if telling Hop and Charlie was best or not. Might give them a heads up, but . . . if I was wrong then . . . unnecessary worry. Not to mention I’d look like a fool. Worse, insane and in front of Hop’s father. The leader of all Dragons.
“Charlie will come and tell us.” Hop took her waist and directed her onto her back. “Forget about him. Forget about what I told you. Forget about Raquel, Agent Carter, and everything related to the fiasco.”
I arched my neck further back as he kissed the base of it. Sizzling heat followed in the wake of his tongue as he traced my bare skin down to the bottom of my V-shaped t-shirt. Goosebumps formed as his hand slid under my shirt.
“You starting something?”

No comments:

Post a Comment