Monday, November 25, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 23


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story


Chapter 23
Hop
“We need to talk.”
Charlie spun on his heels and walked us towards his office. He shook his head as we entered the office and muttered about Mr. Davis needed to clean us the shit he brought in. He wasn’t wrong, but I bet Mr. Davis was keeping it out until the entire situation was out of the hands of the courts. Not that it would be brought there once we produced Cree’s birth certificate.
“What’s up?”
“Take a seat, baby.” I helped Cree sit down then propped my ass over the arm of the chair. “Raquel, or Agent Carter is with holding more than we thought.”
“Really?”
I jumped up and dropped to my knees, taking Cr4ee right along with me.
“Stand up, Son and introduce me to your other half.”
Not how I wanted Cree to meet my dad. Guess I know what Charlie was coming to tell us. Wished he warned me on the way to the office.”
I tugged Cree to his feet and walked over to my father. Held out my hand and took his, giving him a small bow. “Great to see you.” My dragon pushed at me. Cree must have felt it because he scooted closer to me and put his arm around me.
“I see you have completed the process.”
“It was not done on purpose.”
“Okay.” My dad turned to Cree and held his hand out. “I’m John. Welcome to the family.”
I felt Charlie’s eye boring into me. He was not pleased about me completing the bonding process, but he would mind his manner in front of my dad. Good for me, but once dad was gone . . . I was in for it.
“You can stop that, Godfather.” Cree shook my dad’s hands and then walked over to Charlie, snagging him into a huge hug.
Charlie chuckled and kissed the top of Cree’s head. “I’d not be a good Godfather if I didn’t give him a hard time about taking my Godson from me.”
“Been in the words for years.” My dad said.
“I know.” Charlie held his hand out to me. “Welcome to the family, officially.”
“Thanks.”
Now that the formalities were out of the way I retook my seat, pulling Cree onto my lap. My man wiggled and wiggled until he was comfortable, leaving my cock hard again. One thing that would keep happening for about a day or two. It was normal for a bonded pair to come together often for the first day or two. No matter how much I tried to calm my hormones, it would not work. I’d apologize to my dad and Charlie, but would not embarrass Cree.
“What did you mean?”
Charlie sniffed and shook his head. I hoped he got my silent apology as I looked at him. He might have, because he gave me a small smile.
“I think . . . No, I know . . . Just take a closer look at Cree’s eyes.”
Cree held still, which I knew took a lot out of him, which had me kissing the back of his neck as Charlie and dad titled their heads from side to side. It wasn’t until the tension left Cree’s entire body that dad and Charlie’s eye went wide.
“I can’t . . . believe it.”
“What . . . Sorry, honey.”
“Wow.” Charlie shook his head. “Thought it would take longer for him to catch onto our way life.”
“He’s a great other half.” I snuggled us closer. “You two know what this means?”
They both nodded, but Charlie was the one that spoke.
“He needs to be told.”
“That’s why I came in here.” I wasn’t sure how much more Cree could handle and I did not want to have to handle him and my dragon at the same time. We were bonded now and if he got upset too much so would my dragon.
“Only one way to do this.” Dad knelt in front of Cree and me. “Let Hop keep hold of you until I’m done talking. We clear?”
Cree nodded to him and pushed further into my arms. Out of reflex my arms tightened around him.
“It appears there is more to Raquel’s story. I’m not sure if even she knows it, but . . . I’m sure that Agent Carter knows.”
“What . . .” Once again Cree let his question fade, but dad shook his head.
“Ask?”
“What did they leave out?”
Dad sat back on his heels. “There are a rare and special child born to a female dragon that bares no dragon. We call these special people Seers.”
Cree stiffened in my arms and then went limp. I lifted her until she was stretched across my lap with her legs on the sofa. I’d expected her throwing a yelling fit, not her passing out. Charlie must not have expected it either, because he was up on his feet and in front of us.
“You want me to call the doctor?”
“Not yet.” Dad stared at her, then nodded. “My dad told me about something like this.”
“What is happening to my other half?”
“Relax son.”
Not something my dragon would let me do. It was demanding I attack the stronger threat to my seat of power. He did not care that the man was my dad. All he saw was a dragon that could take what belonged to him. Now my other half was out in my arms.
“Charlie, I’ve got to . . .” I lifted Cree and stood. “Going to our room.”
“Son, she’s not passed out.”
“Tell Charlie.” I said as I walked out of the room. If I stayed much longer with my mate unconscious in my arms I was going to start breathing fire. Charlie did not need to deal with that. Nor deserved to.
“Let him go.” Charlie said as dad started to protect. “His dragon is shoving at him.”
Dad sigh was the last thing I heard as I kicked the door shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment