Thursday, October 31, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 17 Part 3


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story


Crap. There had to be . . . “There’s others weaker than him, right?” Had to be. There was no way I could stash father among a shaking, cowering, sweat soaked Mr. Davis. Father wouldn’t physically eat Mr. Davis, but he might force his human side into a comatose state. Fact had accidently causes a new member of his own den down that path after the two were introduced. Needless to say that dragon had been relocated to a lesser den, allowing him to live among dragons like himself.
“Whose above him?”
Charlie keyed his password into the computer and opened the Logan Den’s register. “Cupcake. Think he might be okay among Cupcake?”
Cupcake was more like a woman than a male dragon. Wasn’t sure how him, or Mr. Davis managed to stay in such a dominat den. They did, which states lots about how Charlie ran the Logan Den. Good things. All the way around. Another reason that made it hard for me to understand how Charlie overlooked the shit with Rex.
“That’ll be perfect. Make the call while I go check on Cree.”
“You going to start the second phase before he arrives?”
“Can’t. Have to make the announcement first.”
“Guess I’m a bit more scattered than I though.” Charlie tapped the folder he’d been fiddling with. “New facts opened my eyes to what I missed. The Highness is going to chew me up and spit me out for my stupidity.”
“Nah.” Father wouldn’t. Charlie was a main guard, meaning any punishment Charlie desergved would come from me. Far as I could tell the man was beating himself up enough. Everyone, even dragons, over look things among their friends and family.
“Let it go. Deal with calling Cupcake and inform him of his houseguest.” I shook my head. ‘Why does he go by Cupcake instead of his real name?”
Charlie shook his head and said, “I can’t say.”
“Whatever. Just make sure he has a room ready for father and let me know the moment he announces his arrival.”

No comments:

Post a Comment