Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 12 Part 2


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story






My dragon whimpered but knew Charlie wouldn’t harm his other half. Charlie was the only on that my dragon felt comfortable letting Cree be comforted by. It had been hard as hell to convince my dragon to let Cree continue to live with her Mr. and Mrs. Hodges. Hindsight told me my dragon picked up Rex’s deception before Charlie and I.
Cree buried his head  in Charlie’s chest making my vision turn red. Clear sign that my dragon was reaching his boiling point. Again. Another explosion wouldn’t end well, which I had to avoid, so I scooted closer to Cree and Charlie. Together the two would soothe me.
“Sweetie, you’ve got to tell us what is bothering you. It’s the only way we can help.” I rested my hand on her back, making soothing circles as Charlie coaxed her into talking. “you know we won’t’ let them take you. You know they can’t since we have the proof.”
Hoped those papers were legal, if not . . . well . . . wasn’t going down that dragon pathway.
“I don’t understand this.” Cree hiccupped and reached back, resting his hand on my leg. “I wanted you two to explain what you knew but they are . . . I know you have to make calls and they are . . . Agent Carter killed my parents. Those people assisted in some way. That I’m sure of.” He moved so his cheek was pressed against Charlie’s chest and wiped his face. I’d not seen Cree this upset before. It grated at both sides of me. Took all my strength to refrain from rushing out there and tearing Agent Carter and the Stones in half. No one had the right to upset my man. No one had the right to push him to his emotional breaking point. Nope.
I ran my thumb over his chin, holding it in place when he tried to look away. “Baby, you trust Mr. Davis to take care things, don’t you?”
“Yes.”
“Then let him and us handle it.” I expected him to buck, any other time he would have thrown a fit about being left out, but I got a huge bright smile. “Want to lay down?”
“Can I have some Aspirin?”
What? I’d heard wrong. I glanced over Cree’s head and saw Charlie’s eyes wide open. Cree never asked for medication, not even when she had surgery. Rex and Grace had to bribe her take the antibiotic the doctor prescribed.
“Sure.” I kissed the back of her head and made my way to the hallway bathroom.
* * *
Mrs. Stone leaned against the wall across from the door. I paused and waited to see if she was going to speak. When she didn’t, I took a moment to study the woman. She had red hair like Cree and a similar set of brown eyes. Cree took on more of Rex’s masculine features. The angular facial structure, deep dented chin, and high forehead enhanced Cree’s appearance. Her long, muscular legs were the biggest sexual draw for me. I loved when he wrapped those around my body while we made love.
“I’d like to see my daughter.” Raquel’s tone was soft and level but held a bit of tightness.
“Your son.” I snapped then took in a deep breath. “Mr. Logan answered you earlier.” I got two steps towards the bathroom when I turned and said, “Do not go near that door.”
“Why, dragon, afraid I’ll see something I shouldn’t?”
I shoved my dragon deeper inside as I walked into the bathroom.
“You know we won’t allow her and you to become one.”
Footsteps trickled behind me as I bit back my rude comment. Seconds later Mr. Davis, Mr. Stone, and Agent Carter appeared.
“Mrs. Stone,” Mr. Davis waved back down the hallway, “You had no permission to come this far inside.”
“I have the right to speak with my daughter.”
Mr. Davis moved his head towards me. “Did she bother Cree?”
“No. Mr. Logan answered the door and Cree refused to see her, so he told her to speak with you.” I held up the bottle of aspirin. “I need to take these to Cree, excuse me.”
“Tell Cree I’ll be in to talk with her in a few minutes.”
“Will do, Mr. Davis.” Charlie walked into the hallway before I could make it back to the door. “He okay?”
“Yes, but asking for you. Go tend to him. I’ll see to Mr. Davis and Agent Carter.”
Wished I could be in two places at once. I wanted to know more about what Mr. Davis and the three of the life-invading goons were doing and wanted to be with Cree. Cree won out over everything. He was my other half. His happiness was what mattered the most, but before I could go to Cree he stepped into the hallway. The stone-cold face told me Raquel was about to see just how strong and independent her child was.

No comments:

Post a Comment