Thursday, October 17, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 14 part 3

Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews


Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story



Damn it. If Hop brought that up then Godfather would not answer even if he wanted to. I’d promised to let him makes some calls. Okay. In times of confusion take in everything. Especially, ones posture. Godfather shoulders were slack. Face a bit red, meaning he was nearing his explosion point. Feet kept shifting, not much, but enough to alert me to discomfort. Once in a while, his eyes shifted towards Hop. But . . . what got me most was the hint of pleading shining in his dark brown eyes.
“Shit.”
I locked eyes with Hop, letting the last years play over and over. Whenever the family gathered Godfather had directed glazes at Hop whenever someone asked him something. I’d paid little attention to it, but it was as if Godfather answered to Hop. Hop never addressed Godfather like the others. Other family members called Hop, Sir, just like they did Godfather. I’d played it off as Hop being his nephew. In the limo . . . Godfather had apologized to Hop. So damn clear.
“You are in charge, aren’t you?”
Hop scooted closer and took hold of my hand, not answering, out loud, but he blinked his eyes. The code we’d used when dad had been chaperoning our dates. Dad was cool about me dating Hop, but for the first three months he kept a close tab on us. We’d decided that if we asked a question and the answer needed to wait we’d blink one eye. If the answer was a yes or no, then one full blink meant no, and two meant yes.
“Is she telling the me the truth?” I doubted Hop would answer in any method, was right, because he tugged me close and pressed his forehead to mine.
“My niece speaks the truth. She wouldn’t lie to you. Our family doesn’t believe in lying to family. Just like the dragons can’t tell a lie to their other halves.”
Agent Carter’s words flowed by me, but clung to me as well. Brought up more questions, but ones Hop and Godfather would not answer at that time.
“She believes me.” Raquel pushed off the wall. “I would like to tell you the rest of your heritage, but I can’t do so while the dragons are present.”
“Out of luck then.” Didn’t matter what had been kept from me. Godfather was family. He loved me. Taken care of me. Ensured I had a great life. Ensured I had my Gender Transfer surgery soon as I turned eighteen. He loved me. Hop . . . there was no way the man did anything other than love the hell out of me. I knew that. Whether Raquel told the truth or not did not matter. Whether it’d been kept from me, did not matter or not.
“Why? You know they are not telling you the truth. Why not listen to the story then decide for yourself what you believe.”
“You might not think they answered me, but they have.” Raquel could take that however she wanted. I didn’t care.
“Then you have no reason not to listen to what I can’t say in front of them.”
Raquel was right, but what she had to say was no concern of mine. I didn’t want ot hear her. Whatever she had to say wouldn’t change the hardcore fact that her arrival had costed dad and mom their lives. Agent Carter had known about her for at least five years and only reported her presence four days ago.
“There’s plenty of reasons. You have no right to ask what they are. I’m nineteen and you have no control over me. If you wish to avoid jail time for you and Agent Carter then I suggest you leave me alone.” I motioned for Mr. Davis, who had been standing behind Raquel and Agent Carter. “Please let them know why.”
Mr. Davis pointed to the video camera in the corner. Raquel gasped and Agent Carter went white.
“As you can see . . . if you don’t adhere to my wishes I can and will live up to my word.”
“Recording our conversation without permission is illegal.” Raquel went to Agent Carter’s side.
“Would be if I hadn’t warned you both that the hallways was under video and audio surveillance.” Mr. Davis lowered his hand. “if you don’t believe me, ask Agent Carter.”
“Raquel, it is best if we leave.”
“not without my daughter . . . son, hearing me out.”
“Raquel,” Denny took her by the arm, “for now it’s best if we leave. Let her calm down and then we’ll try talking to her . . . I mean him again.” Denny’s face twisted and his eyes lost the bright blue color. Red consumed the dead center of them. Looked as if Denny did not take keen to having a stepchild who was a man when he was born a woman. Not that it mattered to me. I’d said my peace to them and Raquel’s ten minutes were long up.
“Be wisest to listen to what I said and follow it.” I took hold of Godfather’s hand and began moving him towards the living room. “Mr. Davis, please show them out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment