Monday, October 21, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 15


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story



Chapter 15
Hop
I followed Cree and Charlie back to the living room, shutting the door behind me. More than I’d wanted to come to life. Damn unexpected visit, yet . . . Cree being told the truth b y them gave him some answers about the last couple of days’ events. Not all, but some. Put me in a bad spot. Then again . . .
Cree being told about dragons by someone else, which didn’t set well with my other half. It roared and snuffed his displeasure in his other half learning from others ticked it off more than it did me. I just hoped Cree didn’t let his anger rule him. Cree wasn’t the type to jump to conclusions before all facts were presented, but . . . he wasn’t in his right frame of mind. Not completely. How could he be? He’d been through hell the last few days and not had time to comprehend what had taken place in his life. No time to handle the grief from losing his mom and dad. Been lied to by the FBI, the people he expected to protect every citizen, even the ones they deemed a gang full of hardened criminals that’d never been caught. There was Raquel’s actions. Doctoring a DNA test, even though she was Cree’s biological mother. As if that wasn’t enough for one person, Cree’s dad, Rex, had lied to her. On top of all that, Cree had been told about the existence of dragons. Not to mention Raquel had all but said she would have aborted her child if she knew Rex was a dragon, simply because of her family history, a legend passed down from generation to generation.
“I need a drink.”
So did I, but I watched Charlie as he poured him a double scotch. My mouth watered at the mere thought of the cool drink easing my soar dry throat.
“Hop?”
My hand itched to snatch Charlie’s bottle of scotch, but I shook my head instead. Least Charlie knew I needed something, because he tossed me a cold bottle of water.
“I’ll take something.”
I all but snickered when Charlie rolled his eyes at Cree and threw him a bottle of water.
“This,” Cree twisted the cap and downed half the bottle, “was what I was asking for.” The rest flowed down his throat, but what caught my attention more was the way his throat bobbed as he swallowed. Had my dick hardening. Inopportune time, but what could I say, my other half drove me up the wall one hundred percent of the time. “Think you two need to do what you need to and then fill me in.”
His calm, yet stern tone doused me in cold water. My man hardly ever ordered people around, but when he did, I knew he was beyond his breaking point.
“Charlie.”
“Going.” Charlie patted me on the shoulder as he walked towards  the door. “Settle my Godson down.”
“I’ll do my best.” Boy would. I’d do whatever it took to ensure my other half had all the information he needed. Or the best I could do until I had word from my father. Charlie best get down to business fast. Cree would give us so much time before he exploded and started demanding answers. If he didn’t get them from us . . . he might just go to Mrs. Stone. He needed to hear the story from me not her.
“You’ve,” Cree pointed at me, frowning. “been keeping secrets from me. I don’t think I need an explanation as to why. It’s clear you feared my reaction.”
Partly right. Some humans flipped the fuck out when they were told. Not so much because dragons, but because of our laws. I’d not purposely lied to him. Laws stated I couldn’t tell him about my dragon side until I officially announced him as my other half. That’s why I’d been so pleased about the upcoming party.
“Not sure if it’ll help,” I doubted it would, but worth a shot. “Tonight’s party was to be the night I told you.” I sat down beside her, making sure our bodies touched. My dragon needed the comfort only his other half could provide.
Cree leaned back and snuggled into my side. “Why tonight?”
“It was supposed to be a very special night for us in many ways.”
Didn’t want him to know I’d planned to propose to him. I’d spent months planning how I would officially announce Cree as mine. Sure wasn’t on the day his parents died and a shit load of lies came to life. Okay, I might have been about to tell him I’d kept a major secret from him, but it wasn’t an outright lie. More of an omission. Cree knew that sometimes thing were buried for good reasons.
“How much more is there for me to know about your other side?”
“Loads more, but . . .”
“I’m not asking for the full truth before you can give it.” Cree’s sigh told me how much that was exactly what he wanted to do, but . . . “I just need to know it wasn’t kept from me because you feared my reaction.”
How to answer that? I had been. Normal reaction. Right? Him denying me meant hardship not only for me, but all dragons and humans alike. Course I was scared of his reaction. Just not for the . . .
“You were.” My body lost the warmth that he provided as he slid to the other side of the couch. “Why?”
I reached for him, but he shook his arm free of my grip. Not what I wanted. Nope. Had to make him understand.
“It wasn’t . . . I didn’t . . . Shit. It’s hard to explain. My fear wasn’t so much your reaction, it was more - -“
“Cree, sweetie,” Charlie’s gentle tone soothed me. He always had a way with Cree and was the only one that got by calling him sweetie, other than me. “If you rejected him it would have affect every dragon and human.”
“Huh! What? Why in the world would you think I’d reject you.” Cree cupped my chin, forcing my eyes to remain on him when I’d been trying to read Charlie’s expression. Not that it would have done me much good. Man was like a blank screen when he wanted to be.
“Many human have rejected dragons when they were told about them.” Lame excuse and I knew better than to put Cree into a classification with others. He was the most open-minded person I’d ever met.
“I’m not human though, I’m part dragon, aren’t I?”
“You have no dragon inside you.”
“Don’t understand. My dad was dragon, so . . . oh, children born to a dragon and human don’t get dragons?”
“Not always.” I darted my eyes towards Charlie, spotting a blank expression like I feared. Didn’t stop me from asking him if my father gave him permission to explain so much to Cree. Should have known Charlie had it. He would not have gone into that much detail without it.
“What else did he say, Charlie?”
“Full truth. It won’t affect the outcome considering the new facts.”
Yes! Bout time I get to fill in my other half.
“Does this mean I’m going to learn more than I did from Raquel?”
I tugged her closer, kissing her cheek. “It does. Also explain some of what Raquel wanted you to know about your heritage. What I know might be different than what she would’ve told you.” Figured it would be. “I have no way of knowing what history was passed down through the years. As you can imagine . . . what one generation passing to the next can change with just one interpretation. Proven fact over and over. All one had to do was play the past it along came.

No comments:

Post a Comment