Thursday, October 10, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 13


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story


Chapter 13
Cree
Enough was enough. I might have agreed with Hop and Charlie about giving them time to explain but Raquel Stone had no right to keep shit from me. I was out the door before a second breath could be have taken.
Hop’s frown told me all I needed to know. He wasn’t happy about me entering the hallway, but he wouldn’t stop me unless I got distressed. The man was good at blaancing his protective nature and letting me be myself. Not an easy feat for someone who liked to control everything around him. Yet, Charlie was the same, but he’d learned long before Hop came into the picture that I was more than capable of handling myself. In most cases. Wasn’t so sure if I could this time. Part of me feared finding out what caused my dad to keep me hidden and spin major lies for my entire life.
“What is it you want?” I came right up to Raquel and stared into the matching brown eyes. “I’m sure Mr. Davis showed you how much I know about you. So, why are you still here hounding my family?”
I emphasized the family part. There was no way Raquel’s sudden appearance made her family. Nope. From what little I pieced together Agent Carter was somehow related to Raquel, which meant, or most likely, Raquel had known about me for five years. So why had she waited to show up and destroy my life?
“To get to know my daughter.”
“I am no one’s daughter.” Another aspect the woman had to get through her head. Her daughter quit existing when I turned thirteen. She would have known that if she was family.
“You are.”
“Then why fake my DNA results?”
“I didn’t.”
“You did.” I threw my hands into the air, making sure not even a stray hair touched Raquel. “Did you not have Agent Carter and some doctor give me proof of that asshat being my biological father?”
Raquel winced, but she had nowhere to go. Her back was against the wall. “Yes, but I needed you - -“
“Raquel.” Agent Carter’s commanding tone had me whipping my head towards him.
“Shut the fuck up. You are in some major hot water with your boss already. Want to add to it?” Wasn’t sure if I could make it happen, but I’d try if he kept blocking me from hearing what Raquel knew.
“Baby?”
Hop touched my lower back, but there was no hint of warning to back off, or not go down the trail I was headed. Nope. None of that.
“What?” I stepped to the side, so I could keep an eye on Raquel, Agent Carter, and Denny.
“That was all I needed.”
Course it was. I’d blocked him from seeing my face. He’d done lost his temper once, no sense in pushing him back down that path. Wouldn’t be good for anyone.
“Needed me to know what?” I kept my attention on Agent Carter, but pointed at Raquel, so she could not deny I aimed my question at her.
Raquel sighed. “Me of course.”
“Lie.”
“Is not, Kay.”
“Not my name. tell me truth or get your ass out of here.”
Charlie grunted, reminding me whose house I stood in. I gave a small shrug, knowing he’d back my words up, but I admitted my little slip up.
“Cree,” Mr. Davis stepped to my side, “this might not be the best time to get into all of this.”
“Why not?”
“Tempers are flaring on both sides.”
“True, but I deserve to hear why she wishes to deceive me more than she already has.”
Mr. Davis stepped from my line of sight, letting me know it was fine to continue.
“Raquel, you’ve got ten minutes to give me your side.”
“Raquel, you can’t.” Agent Carter made a step towards me and Godfather and Hop blocked his path. “You can’t keep me from my niece.”
“The fuck they can’t. You are in Mr. Logan’s house and under false pretense. So keep your ass away from me.” I crossed my arms and faced Raquel. “Nine minutes left. I promise if you don’t’ tell me your side now . . . you’ll never get another chance.”
“Fine.” Raquel shook her head. “At least let me tell you in private.”
“No. Her or never.”
Raquel glanced at each man, before stopping on Agent Carter. “Sorry, Uncle Randy.”



No comments:

Post a Comment