Monday, October 7, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 12 Part 1


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story






Chapter 12
Hop
Red consumed my mind. Fear for Cree had overrode his common sense a few other times, but never to the  point his dragon talons expanded. If Charlie hadn’t been there . . . There’d been a dragon in the middle of his hallway. Owned the man big time.
Two more deep breaths and pure determination to put one foot in front of the other carried him further into the house. Further Cree and me were from those invaders the less my dragon yanked for freedom. Luckily, Cree hadn’t been paying attention to my fingers. Didn’t need him getting that kind of a crash course on dragon’s existence.
“You okay?” Charlie asked as he shut the living room door behind me and Cree.
“Will be.”
Warmth swarmed over my body as Cree slid his arms around me. “Sorry.”
“Why?” I kissed the tip of his nose. “You did nothing wrong.”
“I provoked them.”
He had, but not like he didn’t have the right to kiss me whenever he desired. He was mine. I was his. We’d be married in a year, no matter what Raquel Dray-Stone said. Cree had belonged to me since the day she gave birth to him. The story Raquel and Carter believed was simply a that, a story. Not that the story was a problem anymore. The child Raquel gave birth to was a little girl. Cree had ceased, mentally, being a girl since he was a teenager. Physically, Cree gave up his female body when he turned eighteen. The story that Raquel and Carter feared coming to life held no validity. Cree was full on man. I could vouch for that. Even if Cree had continued to be a female their story was full of shit. A child of ours would be the heir to the dragon, not a destroyer of the world.
“Baby,” Cree ran a finger down my arm, “you okay?”
Worry clung to his voice, making me nod. “Think I should be asking you that.”
“Huh?”
“You decked that prick.” I picked up his hand, pressing a soft kiss to the top of it. “Did you bust your hand?”
“Nope.” Cree let me turn his hand over and over.
“Hop, you are fussing. Cree knows how to throw a punch.” Charlie might have said it, but I saw him studying Cree’s hand.
“You taught her well.” I tugged Cree to the sofa. “Might as well take a seat.”
“Seems like we might be in here a few minutes.” Charlie tossed his head towards the door. “Sounds as if Mr. Davis is giving Agent Carter a lesson about not controlling the outsiders he brings.”
Hoped so. The couple needed a good kick in the ass for touching his man. “Why did Agent Carter bring civilians here on official business?”
“Not sure.” Charlie sat down in the huge black leather recliner, crossing his ankles.
“Is he here on official business?”
Good point. My other half was amazing at brining to life aspects my overloaded dragon’s mind couldn’t see. Made me proud but showed me he needed to regain control of his other side. Being distracted with enemies, so to speak, in residence could be deadly for every dragon alive.
A soft knock had Charlie squaring his shoulder and waiting for whoever came through the door. The soft delicate tap told me it wasn’t Mr. Davis.
“May I come in.”
I met Charlie’s eyes and then we shifted them to Cree. He gave a haphazard shrug and said, “What?”
“Is that Raquel?”
Cree nodded.
“Do you want to see her?”
Cree shook his head and shifted her attention not Charlie.
Charlie took his cue like the leader he was. He stood and opened the door enough to see her. “We have nothing to say to you.”
“Please . . . I just want to . . . explain to her.”
I mocked Cree’s shake of the head when Charlie looked back at me.
“Whatever you have to say can be said to his lawyer.”
“Her lawyer.”
Charlie ignored her remark and shut the door, retaking his seat.
Cree drew his legs into his chest. An unconscious move he made when struggling with emotions. He was stronger than most but had limits. And he was nearing his breaking point.
“What is it?” Charlie sat beside him, tugging him away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment