Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 17 Part 2


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




I listened until Charlie’s body gave way and he flopped into his black leather desk chair. His head banged against the mahogany wood desk for a couple of minutes then he sat up. No sign of the earlier outburst. His expressionless face was back in place. Only another leader would know that the anger was pushed to the back of his mind. Not forgotten, just back enough that Charlie would stew over his anguish while plunging forward with the task at hand. Preparing for my father, the leader of all dragons.
If he was ready to get started then I was to. “Did father give you any idea how he was going to handle being around me?”
Charlie huffed. “Do you think he did?”
Course not. The man was famous for letting the lower ranked people make all the arrangements for him.
“I was thinking it would be best to put him in the hotel in the next town.”
Yeah right. Father would have a shit fit. There was no way he’d stay so far from the den. “Won’t work.”
“Why? It’ll keep him away from you and Cree.”
“Yes, but can you imagine the ice he would snort when you told him it was twenty minutes from your den.”
“So.” Charlie opened the folder and picked up a sheet of paper.
“If he was needed in a hurry, he’d have to fly here.”
“Shit.” Charlie shifted through a few more sheets of paper. “I can’t believe this.”
Was sure that Charlie wasn’t referring to a lack of wisdom when it came to father’s future location. Something in those papers had put fire in Charlie’s normally dark eyes. Whatever he’d found had brought him back to background problem. From the little snorts of ice shooting from Charlie’s nose it was time I step in and took some stress off of him.
“You deal with whatever has your dragon snorting and puffing before father gets here. I’ll figure out where to stash father.”
I pulled my phone out and hunted the phone number for the hotel five minutes from the den. Course there was no vacancies, which meant resorting to the least acceptable choice, placing father int eh home of the weakest dragon among the Logan Den. I had no idea who it was, or how close he lived. I quickly made my way over to Charlie’s desk and cut the computer on.
“What are you doing?” Charlie knocked my hand away.
“Locating your weakest dragon’s address.”
“Why?”
“For father.”
“Hell no.” Charlie snatched the laptop from in front of me. “Your father would eat Mr. Davis alive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment