Thursday, October 3, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 11


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




Chapter 11
Cree
“Damn him.”
I shouldn’t have been surprised that Agent Carter brought Mr. and Mrs. Stone to Godfather’s home. He knew each and every person who visited Godfather. The man had been fixated on bringing down the Logan House for the last five years. It was as if . . .
“Shit!”
Godfather raised both his eyebrows at me. Knew he was curious as to what sprang to my attention, but I couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was. There was something about . . .
The limo stopped just out side the front porch and Hop began gathering the other papers from my lap. I rested my hand over his.
“What, baby?”
“Is whatever you guys keeping from me why Agent Carter has been obsessed with our family?”
Godfather and Hop exchanged a shrug of the shoulder. Not one of those kind that tells someone to go ahead and answer, but one that a deep, disgusted sigh accompanied. In Hop and Godfather’s case, it meant they hadn’t considered it.
“Is. Isn’t it?”
“Most likely.” Hop stuffed the papers inside the envelope and handed it to Mr. Davis. “I can tell you more when - -“
“I know. I know. When you tell me the rest.” I plucked the computer from the seat beside him and passed it to Mr. Davis. “Best be around when the other files are opened.”
Mr. Davis’ eyes went wide and drifted to Hop.
Irked me to death when someone in the family treated me less than who I was. “Don’t’ look at him for permission.”
Godfather snorted. Hop huffed. Mr. Davis’ shoulder and hands shook like they did anytime someone used a harsh tone with him. The man appeared to be a weasel among the family, but when it came to a courtroom the man had nerves of steel. Never made sense to me, but who was I to question him.
“Yes, Ma’am.” Mr. Davis lowered his eyes to my chin and stuffed the computer into his briefcase.
“It’s fine.” Hop’s words had Mr. Davis’ pale skin returning to a normal shade and his typical weak smile reformed.
“Uh, “Godfather jerked the limo door shut when the limo driver opened it for him. ‘I’m still waiting to know who is in the backseat.”
“Sir,” Mr. Davis pointed back towards the gate, “That would be Mr. and Mrs. Stone. I suggest we get inside before Agent Carter produces a warrant to enter the premises.’
“He’s right.” Hop pushed the door open and climbed out. “Come on, baby.”
I took his hand and wrapped my arm around his waist as Godfather exited. Mr. Davis brought up the rear as we made our way inside. The moment we entered the house Hop motioned towards Godfather’s office and said, “Make your calls as fast as you can.”
“Sirs,” Mr. Davis laid his main brown briefcase down, “Might be best to stash this where a search warrant can’t reach it.”
“You still have the birth certificate and custody agreement.” I shifted my stand, making Hop tighten his hold on me. Why? What had I done? Did he think I would attack Mr. Davis? The man was trying to help, wasn’t he? Or had . . . Shit. My tone. It always got me into trouble. “Sorry.” I muttered to Hop.
“Yes, Ma’am.”
Godfather took the briefcase and made the short truck to his office. I had no idea where he would store the items, but one thing I did know was the Logan House had many, many hidden passages. Some the family members knew about and more no one but Godfather knew. None of them would be accessible to anyone other than the ones Godfather trusted the most.
“I’d make it a quick trip.” I chuckled when he scowled back at me. “What, Godfather, you know Agent Carter will be busting through the gate in a minute or two.”
Hop’s chuckle came along with a kiss. “Don’t antagonize the poor man. He’s already in a foul mood.”
Teasing him was natural for me. It’s what the man needed when he was uptight and stressed. Most feared rattling his cage, but not me. When I was younger it had been a game for me. As I got older it turned into a way to help Godfather. The man had the weight of the entire Logan House on his shoulder. He had to maintain a certain air of appearance, which wasn’t easy on him. Few knew the true him, but I did. The man was loving, caring, and giving. Deserved the same in return. The family members gave him whatever he needed, but Godfather refused to lean on anyone, so when I found small way to take some of his stress, I did so.
“Lave my Godson alone.”
“Yeah, baby, leave me alone.” I elbowed Hop, earning a pinch to the ass. “Oh, baby, don’t’ start fun games when there’s a big bad agent ready to barge into our home.”
Me and Hop making out like any other setoff lovers would be sight for Agent Carter and his partner to see.
“She’s right, Sir.” Mr. Davis dug into his briefcase. “It wouldn’t be wise if Mr. and Mrs. Stone came in with him.”
“Why not?” I wouldn’t mind them getting a first hand taste of who I was. Might run them back to whatever hole they crawled out of.
“They are still playing the game under the assumption that we don’t know the truth about your parents.”
The house phone rang before I could respond. One of the house staff answered it and brought it to Mr. Davis. He took it and had a few words with the caller. He hung up the phone just as Godfather joined them.
“Let me guess, Agent Carter is on his way.”
Mr. Davis nodded at me, but kept his eyes on Godfather’s chest.
“Is he bringing his guest with him?”
Another nod, but still no look my way.
Since Godfather, Mr. Davis, and Hop appeared to be in some kind of silent conversation I began to put my own plan into action. I slipped my hand into Hop’s back pocket, stood on my tiptoes, and kissed him. Not a chaste kiss, but one that would make his cock stiffen in a second. Hop did exactly what I hoped. Deepened the kiss and took over. His hands tugged me closer as his midsection pressed into mine. He pulled a deep groan from me when he sucked my lower lip in between his teeth. We were still lip and body locked when the door opened. Neither of us paid attention to the two gasp and a scream.
The command to break apart was ignored. Only one could tell me to break part from Hop and Godfather had never done so. Any other time, I might have stopped long enough to snap at whoever dared tell me what to do, but Godfather beat me to the punch.
“Don’t you tell my Godson what anything.”
“She isn’t yours. She’s mine.”
Didn’t need to see to know Denny was the one who dared shout inside Godfather’s house. One of his biggest no-no’s was loud noise. It was the one thing I stayed in trouble for during my childhood.
No telling how far Hop would have taken the make out session if I hadn’t been yanked away from him. I spun around, landing a fist against someone’s jaw. Hop snarled and ran towards me. Godfather blocked his path and jerked me behind him all in one motion.
“Take her.” Godfather’s words were not even out of his mouth before Hop had his nose buried in my neck, inhaling. I scooted closer to him, letting him calm himself. I’d only seen Hop so worked up once or twice before. Both times had taken him an our hour or two to regain his composure.
“Mr. Logan, take Cree and Hop into the living room.” Mr. Davis said.
“Come you two.” Godfather gave us a small push down the hallway.







No comments:

Post a Comment