Monday, December 9, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 27


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story



Chapter 27
Cree
Last seven hours crawled slower than a flock of geese crossing the road. Hop and I played the PS4 for the first three hours, then we hit the kitchen and created a unique style of soup with Mexican sausage. Turned out great. Godfather told us we’d be making much more of it. Can’t get a better praise than that. Godfather wasn’t the style of man who liked homemade food. He preferred to go to a restaurant and let others do the cooking and serving. Me, I loved to cook. Or long as Hop was at my side. I was more of a baker.
“Ready, baby?”
Hop’s tiny smile fit the tense undertone flowing from him. He was not pleased about taking me with him. He feared my vision shifting, which his father said could happen if Raquel decided to go along with Agent Carter. I doubted it, but . . . anything was possible.
I took Hop’s hand and tugged him from the kitchen. “It’s going to be okay.”
“Putting your life in danger does not set well with my dragon.”
“I know.” I place my free hand around his upper arm. “But it’s the best way to achieve our goal.” And Hop knew it. It’s the only reason he went along with my plan. “Godfather.”
“Got an agitated dragon on our hands, do we?”
More like two. I kept me and Hop walking towards the door. I was not going to rise to his bait. One thing Godfather loved to do was grate others when he disliked what had to be done. We climbed in the limo and settled in. Hop’s father and the Senator set the meeting to take place a couple of hours away. No one spoke during the ride, which only intensified Hop and Godfather’s unease. Me . . . I could not lose it. Had to keep it together, which wasn’t hard. Huge lie. I disliked it as much as Godfather and Hop, but . . . had to be done. If we stuck to our path of closure, then my vision meant we had protection against the threat that came our way.
The limo slowed to a stop and the door creaked open.  Hop took hold of my arm as I went to slid out.
“Remember the plan. Do not deviate. Remember what Father said.”
How could any of us forget. Hop’s father pretty much roared and spat fire at us. Took Godfather blocking his view of Hop and I. Not sure what all Godfather whispered to him, but the blazing reddish orange that had claimed Hop’s father’s entire face lightened. Still clung to him, but it was not to the point that any of us feared an explosion. It was the first time I saw a full-blown pissed dragon. Kind of scary. Explained why Raquel feared a child of hers destroying the human race. If the leader of the dragons lost because he’d been around his son for an hour then . . . That’s right. Hop’s skin was almost as red as his father. Tension clung to the air like smoke on clothes.
“They are here.” Godfather pointed at the huge statue of Cornel Lewis, the founder of the town. Since it was considered state property, the state police would be called in. Not to mention that the entire town consisted of Senators and House Representatives. A shooting anywhere near them would be considered a threat. “Hop you made a great choice of meeting places.”
“Shot time.”
I slid from the limo and tugged my t-shirt down. Soon as I moved from behind the door, I felt eyes on me. Didn’t have to be told who they belonged to. She might as well have been screaming her plea of understanding, because it was loud and clear, even though she never said a word. But that wasn’t the only thing that swarmed around me. Nope. Revenge lurked around the silent pleading, all but squashing it into oblivion.
“Atmosphere fits the vision.” Godfather gave me a small squeeze. “You relax and he will.”
“Huh?”
I glanced over at Hop. His fist were clinched as tightly as his teeth were. I could all but see his jaw bone poking out of his cheeks. Wasn’t sure why he thought I . . . okay, I was a bit tense. Bit scared. Dreaded what lay ahead. I took a couple of deep breaths, letting myself search Hop’s mind for the one emotion that would calm me. Didn’t take long to find the love he felt for me. Worked like the magic it was. My legs dipped and he had his arm around me, catching me before I hit the ground.
“Easy there, baby.”
“I’m fine.”
“That you are.” Hop leaned down and gave me a gentle kiss. “Let’s get this over with.”

No comments:

Post a Comment