Wednesday, March 4, 2020

New Coven Chapter 17



* * *
Adult Content if Under 18 Leave Site, Please.
M/M Content
Unedited Story
* * *
Not from . . . Had to be. His dad told him . . . Edward sat back, letting the sofa material wrap around his body. Would his father have . . .  He might have. Was it feasible to believe Richard? Edward just met him, but . . . he’d been the right hand goon for the higher up for the last twelve years. He would know how they would send out official documents. He’d enforced them many, many times. His status was part of what . . . .
Who was he trying to kid? The paper had always been questionable. Dad was known for getting his way, and when he’d given me the sheet of paper it had came out of the blue. Right after . . . He would have been able to tell his Coven that he had received the paper from the higher ups and no one would have questioned him. Dad knew how to keep his Coven in line and did so with an iron hand until it came down to one of his children. Then he was known for giving them anything to make up for the lack of participating in their life. Edward loved to believe his father was this awesome great man, and he was, but when it came down to family life, Edward had a false picture. The one that his father liked for everyone to see.
“Are you sure?”
“I’m sure you’ve heard of my name, even if you never knew my face.”
“Everyone knows your name.”
“Is that why you want nothing to do with me?”
Was it? Kind of. He was a scary man. One who would go by the Coven laws. But when it came right down to it . . .
“Not completely, then.” Richard sighed. “I do wish you’d talk to me.”
“I do wish you’d read the letter.”
“Would it give me a full answer to the problem?”
Damn it. Could Richard just not read the letter and let me have a few moments to gage how I was going to break this to him easy.
“It’s easier just to rip the bandage off.”
Richard’s comment had me smiling at him.
“You truly are gorgeous. I’m sure we can have a great life together.”
“How do you know it is a bandaid?”
“Your eyes hold a continuous tinge of grayness, which dulls those sexy baby blues. I’ve seen it plenty of times while on assignments. It’s common among those who had their heart ripped out. I’d do anything I could to ensure no one hurts you again. I would never do such to you.”
“Course you say that. You are my other half. No other half is supposed to hurt the other one.”
“But you are.”
Damn it. He was right. Edward knew his rejection had hurt Edward, but it had not made him give up on him. Nope. He’d kept right on pushing. Trying his darndest to combine their souls.
“I don’t think you mean to. I think you are truly scared. I’d like to know why.”
Edward could not tell him why. There was no way he could let the hurt part his mouth. Nope. If he did that then . . . Richard was right. In so many ways. Ripping the bandaid off should have been done months ago. Time he did so.
Edward stood and made his way to Richard and lifted his chin, pressing his lips to the man. Soon as their lips touched sparks chased one another over his body to Richards. It was like an electric storm between two souls.
Warm arms slipped around Edwards as Richard tugged him closer. Hadn’t been what Edward expected, but it was more than pleasurable. Edward thought Richard would pull away from him and demand to know the truth behind his rejection. What he got was way, way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment