Monday, March 30, 2020

Heart’s Desire Chapter 3



* * *
Adult Content if Under 18 Leave Site, Please.
M/M Content
Unedited Story
* * *
Cal popped the cap on a bottle of soda and chugged half of it in one gulp. Not tasting it at all.
“Going to give yourself indigestion.”
“Shit.” He jumped, sloshing soda over his shirt. “Watch it, Gray.”
“Sorry, bro.”
“Jumpy, there, brother.”
One look behind Gray showed that all five of my brother’s had tagged along. Not that I hadn’t expected them to. I’d called all the beta in. There were eight in all. All from my family. My five brothers and three of my cousins. Out of the entire Oaks Family I was the only Alpha born this generation. There’d been four in my father’s generation and two the two before him. There hadn’t been a female Oak born since the first generation. Not even a Gamma or Omega had been born to the Oak Family.
“What’s happened?” Raymond rested his elbows on the bar, nailing me with his dead serious gray eyes. “You are wound tighter than mom’s knitting.”
Accurate description.
All six of them turned when red lights flashed, lightening up the kitchen.
“I’m going to kill him.”
“Who?” Gray peeked between the shade blades. “What’s Savage doing here?”
“Go tell him to kill the damn lights and to bring that shit in here. Quickly.” Cal made his way to his table and began stacking up the file folders he’d been reading over the night before. “Help me stack these up, Sal. Sat them on the back of the table.”
Together we had them stacked and out of the way before Savage and Gray had the evidence brought in.
“Alpha, Sir, the scenes been gone over with a fine tooth comb. It’s been bagged and tagged like you requested and all has been brought here. Only four other items held that scent, but this one,” he tapped the largest baggy, “was the prominent.”
“Thanks, Savage.” Cal snatched the clipboard from his hands and signed his signitured across the page. That way, once they captured the murdering bastard, if it wasn’t his Heart’s Desire, then he could slap their ass behind bars. “We’ve got this.”
“You don’t . . .”
“I don’t.” Cal pointed towards the doors.
Flame came up to Savage and took him by the arms, showing him to the backdoor. “He’ll call if he needs you.” The backdoor banged behind him. “Why was I so rude to the little bugger?”
“He doesn’t need to know what is going down here.”
“And what is that, Cal?” Tray’s rich timber sang through the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment