Monday, March 2, 2020

New Coven Chapter 16



* * *
Adult Content if Under 18 Leave Site, Please.
M/M Content
Unedited Story
* * *
“My house it is.” Richard looped his arms around Edward’s waist and did the one thing that most feared him for. Used his SpellBinder skills. People believed he was some kind of monster because of his job of infiltrating and dispatching justice to those who earned it. Wasn’t something he did lightly, but he had done so often at the behest of his boss. Those days were past him. He’d decided to settle down and take over a clan when the offer came his way. No one knew it . . . Ah shit. Was that what had Edward so spooked?
Couldn’t be. Richard was like a ghost on all his assignments, beside this last one. He’d known when he came here that this was the place he’d settle in, so he’d came in with his true face. He’d not pretended to be anyone, other than himself. A person who loved to aid people and give his kind what they deserved. Loyalty, honor and pride. Things he held close to his heart.
Their feet landed smoothly on the hardwood floor in his living room. “Take a seat and let’s figure this out.” Richard had a lot to do with the Coven, but nothing came before his other half. Nothing. They were beyond special and deserved one’s full attention. Edward would get his at all times.
“Care to tell me why you are so against our pairing?”
Edward remained standing and crossed his arms. Bullheaded ness was a tactic that Richard was more than common with. He could wait the best of them out.
“Give me one good reason you despise me?”
“I . . . Don’t . . . It’s not . . .”
“Then what is it?”
Edward pursed his lips as he drew his wallet from his back pocket. He tugged out a tri-folded small sheet of paper and handed it out to him.
“What’s this?”
Edward just waved at the sheet of paper.
“I’d rather you tell me than to read it from something so impersonal.”
“It’s not impersonal. “ Edward huffed and moved to the chair across from him.
Wasn’t as close to me as I wanted him, but it was not in the chair furthest from me. Better than Richard expected.
“Just humor me. Please.”
“Humor me? You serious?” Richard coulnd’t believe it. His other half wanted him to go along with him when he was outright refusing to pair with him.
“Poor wording.” Edward held his hand up. “Sorry. It’s just something that . . . it’s hard for me to explain.”
“Then try, because I do not care what some paper says, unless it comes from the higher ups.” And there was no way that the higher up would give a official document on a scrap of paper.
“It is. I promise.”
“I can tell you it is not.” Richard hated to bust his other half’s bubble, but . . . He would not allow a lie to continue, but he could tell that Edward believed the paper was. “There is no way that the Zion would give an official document in such a manner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment