Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Heart’s Desire Chapter 12


Heart’s Desire Chapter 12
* * *
Adult Content if Under 18 Leave Site, Please.
M/M Content
Unedited Story
* * *
Cal was flipping an ham and cheese omelet when he heard feet pattering down the hallway. Seconds later, Jacob stood tilting his head to the left.
“Alpha, good morning.”
“Morning, Jacob. Hungry?”
“Yes, Alpha.”
“Just Cal, please.”
“Sir?”
“It’s fine to call me Cal.”
“But . . . Harry . . .”
“I’m not sure what all he told you, but I think it might be best if you let me explain what life among Lycans can truly be like.” Cal slid the omelet onto a plate and put a couple pieces of toast beside it. “Eat up.” He turned back to the stove, setting to fixing another omelet. “Harry . . .” how did he say this without degrading the man that had taken Jacob in when he needed it most.
“You think he fed me lies?”
Cal looked over his shoulder in time to see Jacob take a bite of his omelet, liking how he moaned.
“I think he taught you what he wanted you to know. What he needed you to know so you would do what he wanted you to. Be who he wanted and needed you to be.” I left the stove and rested my hand over his. “I’m not saying this to upset you, but I do not want to lie to you either.”
Jacob ate a couple more bites while Cal tended to his food. By the time Cal took his seat with his own plate, Jacob was nodding his head.
“You found him last night didn’t you?”
“I did.”
“He’s . . . You . . .”
“He’s dead.”
Jacob sighed and nodded. ‘I think I knew it when I woke up. Something . . .” he patted his chest. “I felt off, but . . . better.”
“Off how?”
“Like . . . I could not feel him.”
Feel him? What did that mean? There should have been no bond between them unless . . .
“Did Harry ever have you recite a Pack Bonding Ritiual?”
“Not sure what that is?” Jacob pushed his plate back after he took his last bite of toast.
“It is where an Alpha binds another Lycan to him. It’s what gives Alphas Pack members.”
“Oh.” Jacob’s head went to nodding and then he frowned. “Is that why I felt like he was missing?”
Boy was it. Cal was lucky he had not set off Jacob’s wolf. Jacob must have been so exhausted he had no idea his Alpha was in trouble. Or . . . the bond between him and Harry was weak to start with. Most likely the case. Jacob had no problem addressing Cal as Alpha from the time they met. Not to mention that he had reached out to Cal when he wanted help to flee Harry. Put all that together and that made a Lycan wanting free of their Alpha.
“You are in deep thought? Did I do something wrong?”
“No. Not at all.” Cal smiled over at Jacob and slid his half eaten omelet over to him. “Want the rest?”
“No, you need more than me.”
“I’m full. You can have it.” He needed it way more. Jacob needed about ten more meals a day than most Lycans to gain what he had been deprived over the years. It was pure luck he’d not lost control of his Lycan side. “While you finish up, I’ll get you some sweats and then you can shower. Then we’ll go and get you some clothes and other stuff you need.”
“I don’t have money for it.”
“No problem.” It was Cal’s place to take care of him, and he had no qualms about doing so. “I’ll lay the sweats on the foot of your bed.”


No comments:

Post a Comment