Monday, November 28, 2016

Witchcraft Day - Runes


Runes. What do you think of when you hear this? Do you think magic? Think stones? I always thought of stones. Once again, I wasn’t up to date on the terminology. Runes can be stones, but they are more than that. They are also a letter of the ancient Germanic Alphabet.  None of those are what drew me to the term. I heard someone, not sure where (most likely on television), mention they have special magical powers. It intrigued me into reaching into the little bit of me that likes to research for knew knowledge. With a little digging I found out a bunch of interesting facts. After looking at many, many sites I found this one the most intriguing. http://www.psychicsuniverse.com/articles/spirituality/psychic-abilities/what-are-runes-their-history

Here is what I learned.

Runes are tools used for divination. They open a psychic awareness. There are 24 tiles (stones) containing carving of characters. (This is where the alphabet came into play. Not only that, but before the stones were used for divination they were used to communicate.) Runes can be used to gain messages and spiritual insight. A lesser known aspect is using them as an alternative method for conversing with your Higher Self and the Universe.


There are loads more of information on the website and to find that I looked through many other sites. I hope your interest were peeked enough you might do a bit of exploring on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment