Monday, February 25, 2019

Disgraced Magical Being Chapter 1



* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
M/M Content
Unedited Scene
* * *
Crazy day didn’t fit. Life upside down didn’t fit. Nothing could described the early spring day. It started out like any other day. I got up. Got dressed. Ate my granola bar. Fed the dog and left for work. Sat down behind my desk to work on the story I was editing. Like with most authors the story was written well and there were little mistakes to be marked. Loved those kind of authors, because it made my job easy and enjoyable. Allowed me to get lost in the content and the life of the characters. Not the best aspect for an editor, but hey, when a writer knew how to draw someone into a new world there was no other option but to go along for the ride. I had gotten so far into the character’s life that I lost track of time and didn’t even realize anything major was going on around me until someone yelled my name.
“Jay! Jay! Get your ass up.”
I glanced around to find pandomium around me. My coworkers was grabbing everything they could from their desk and rushing towards the emergency exit. When Kyle ran past me and snagged my arm, tugging me down the small one person aisle I caught the hint of smoke.
“What’s on fire?”
“Does it matter?”
Kyle kicked open the emergency exit and we were welcomed with a hoard of people screaming and slamming into one another as they scuttled back up the stairs. Kyle spun me around and shoved me back into our office area.
“There’s another stairway on the other side.”
Ripples of dark gray clouds flowed through the emergency exit doorway as the people who had tried to escape returned. Screams. Shouts for clarification of where they should go next. Consumed the office. People coughed and gaged, but Kyle kept shoving me down the aisle. I forced myself to come up to his side, taking a second to glance up at him. His face was red and his cheeks were wet with water. He wasn’t crying, or he might have been. It didn’t matter either way to me. What did was getting him to safety.
“Damn it.” Kyle glanced around the room. “There is no other way out of here.”
There was, but it mean exposing myself, which equaled harsh punishment.
“Do you know of any other way to get out of here?” Kyle pressed his face against the window, sighing. “Why are there no . . .”
We were twenty floors up and both stairways was consumed with smoke. There was only one way for us to get out of this alive. Me. Damn it. What was going to happen to me? What would Kyle think? How would I explain myself?
“Jay,” Kyle tugged me into his arms, pressing me closer than he had ever done before. He’d never done so in front of anyone. Not even our best friends. No one knew we had been dating for over two years. No one knew we longed to have an open relationship. We would have if Kyle’s family would not disown him. Not even I wanted to piss off Kyle’s family. They were well known for termination the ones who messed with them. Even if it was family. Kyle being the next in line to run the Lawson Empire would not have mattered. All his family would have seen was a disgraceful act of betrayal. Kyle’s life had been planned out for him since he was born. His marriage had been carefully picked from other large empires among the US. Kyle and me knew that our time together would be short lived since he had to marry some woman when he turned twenty-five.
“Least I won’t have to marry Leslie.” Kyle rubbed his chin across my head.
Wish that was true. I would not let Kyle die. I loved him. I could save him. “I can get us out of here.” I whispered against his chest.
“There is no way out, love.”
“There is.”
“Where? Will it allow us all to get out of here?”
I wish I could, but my talent was still growing and my magic was thin. My spell would be strong enough to transport the two of us, but . . . as much as I wished I could rescue all the people we worked with. I couldn’t, but I could and would save Kyle.
“You trust me?”
“You know I do.”
“Then hang onto me tight and close your eyes.” I wrapped my arm around him, crossing my arms and leaving my palms up. “Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, I pull on your wonderful skills to aid me in returning home.”
“What . . “
Kyle’s words fade away as the air around us swirled until it wrapped us into a blanket of safety. The area around us grayed out and then lightened until we stood in my living room.
“You okay?” I ran my hands up Kyle’s back, leaning back enough I could stare up at him.
His face was white as a sheet, but the tip of his ears was red, telling me all I need to know. He was pissed at me. I would not only be in trouble for using my magic in front of him, but he was not pleased with how I saved us.
“What did you do?”
“Does it matter?”
“Yes.”
“I got us to safety.”
“How?”
“Does it matter?”
“Yes.” Kyle took two huge steps back from me. “Why did you not help the others? So many people were in there. We knew them all.”
“I could not.”
“You got us out of there.”
“My . . . I couldn’t. I’m sorry. I wanted to, but you - -“
“I am not more important than anyone else.”
“You are to me.” I reached out behind me, balancing myself against the back of my sofa. “You are to your family.”
“How did you get us out of there?”
“I can’t tell you.”
“Why not?”
“You would not believed me.”
“I would.”
“I still can’t tell you. Not without permission.”
“From who?”
“People over me.”
“You let no one rule you.” Kyle sighed and walked over to the recliner that sat halfway across the room. “You never have. Fuss at me for letting my family run my life.”
Couldn’t argue with that. I sure gave Kyle hell about how his family controlled him. Told him what to do. When to move. What would happen. Still, I could not explain to him. If he would accepted me completely I could have gained permission to do so, but . . . I knew from the get-go that Kyle would never be mine.
“I’m waiting.”
“I’m sorry, Kyle, but I can’t explain. You have to follow your family law and I have to follow the ones over me.” I knew it would not be acceptable to Kyle, but there was nothing I could do about it.
“That is not acceptable to me.” Kyle stood and kicked his legs out, crossing them.
“Don’t’ go all boss on me.”
I hated when Kyle fell into his future roll of you do as I say or hell will reign down on you. I was not one of his father’s cronies and he knew how I felt about him treating me in such a disrespectful manner. I had saved his life because I love him and I knew he loved me, even if he could not chose to spend his entire life with me.
Before he could respond to me the room filled with ten navy blue robed people. I fell to my knees and bowed my head. I knew I had to face the music, but I had not expected them to enter in such a flamboyant manner. It wasn’t their normal style. Kyle’s reaction was typical though. He had jumped up and vaulted over the sofa, blocking anyone from me.
“Elders, it is - -“
“Hush.”
Elder Robert floated in front of Kyle and touched his head. Kyle crumpled forward, but instead of landing in the floor, he floated over to the sofa and was lowered onto it.
“Thank you, Elder Robert.”
“You know you crime?”
“Yes, Sir.”
“You know your punishment.”
I did. I knew it when I did it. I had forfeited my time among the human world. I would be forced to return to the coven and live under the thumb of others. I would be nothing to the ones who had lived there for their entire life. No one would take notice of me. Far as they would be concerned I was simply a disgrace among the coven. Those who chose to live among the human world and was sent back to the coven as punishment was nothing. No one. Just a strain on a coven.
“Was it worth it?”
“I would do it again, and again.”
“Why?”
“I love him.”
“Why not make him yours?”
“He has other obligations.”
“He will not choose you then.”
Words stung, but were pure truth. I could not speak it. Every time I thought it, someone stabbed a knife through my heart. Saying the words would only break me more than knowing I would neve be able to marry Kyle.
“He will not remember you.” Elder Robert snapped his finger and Kyle faded away. I knew he was not harmed. He had simply been sent home. He would not remember me, the fire, or anything related to our love. His life would simply be void of a few memories. I on the other hand would always know what I had lost. “It is time to go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment