Monday, February 11, 2019

Witch Flash Fiction Scene



* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Scene
* * *
Arch after arch of lighting swirled my way. I wasn’t sure what to do, besides hide behind the huge boulder that sat in the middle of my little town of Midway. Midway held only five hundred people, so everyone knew everyone, but I had not clue who the two throwing lighting bolts at one another was. The one closest to me, who appeared to be guarding me, had appeared out of thin air when the huge dark skinned man exited the abandoned thrift store. That only had caught my attention. No one had been seen inside that place since the fire eradicated two-thirds of it some ten years ago. The town never figured out who had started the fire, or who truly owned the building. It had been held in a trust by some huge coporation in New York. Not that Mayor Chance did much investigating into the owners. He just believed it was the fate of God for the place to burn and until someone came to inspect their property then he could care less that it sat there.
“You okay?” The seven foot man screamed over his shoulder as he deflected another bolt of lightening with one of his own. “Can you hear me?”
“You talking to me?” Why? I did not know him. Didn’t really want to, either. I mean the man was fighting with lighten bolts that shot out of nowhere and he came from nowhere. Literally. Out of the air. Poof. Empty space turned into a seven-foot man with shoulder length wavy brown hair.
“Who else would I be talking to, my love?”
My love? He sure wasn’t talking to me. That was for sure. I didn’t know him. I wasn’t his anything. Nope. Not anything to anyone. Besides a small blemish and a throw away to my huge rich family. Sucked to be me, but didn’t either. I never had the drawn to be some big time, rich snob who took advantage of everyone they came into contact with. Nope. Not me at all. I was the kind, caring, and giving man from my family. That was strike one against me. The second and final strike was that I was gay and had openly admitted it when I was fifteen years old. My parents would have thrown me out on my giving ass if they could have came up with a legal way to do so. Nope. Instead I was ignored and left to fend for myself. Not that I minded. I’d managed to make a great life for myself. I wasn’t rich. Wasn’t a snob. Found ways to give back to the small town that my family came from. Just like me, my family had abandoned the town after they struck it rich in the stock-market.
“My love, you have to answer me.”
“I’m not your love.” I watched as a huge bolt of fire raced towards the seven-foot man. It never came close to him. It flickered out, then came back to life racing in the opposite direction, right back to the man who had somehow conjured it and sent it flying their way.
“We’ll discuss that late. Just let me know if you were hit by anything before I got here?”
“No.” Wasn’t sure why I answered him, but I did. Not like it was a major inconvencie to tell him I wasn’t hurt.
“Good.” The man snapped his fingers and a long black handled sword appeared in his hand.
“What’s that for?”
“Going to take Irony Blaster down. Once and for all.”
“Who?” I ducked as a huge bolt of lightening zipped past the seven-foot man, but it richocheeted backwards before it reached me. “What in the world is going on?”
“I’ll explain soon as I . . .” The man faded away.
“Where . . .” I didn’t have time to finish my question because I saw him reappear behind the dark skinned man and the sword swung across, slicing through the dark-skinned man’s head.
Silence consumed the area. No wind blew. No animals chirp. The hum of the light that stood in the center of town didn’t even emitte its normal high pitched screeching sound. Everything was just irie.
“Ready for an explanation,” the seven-foot man held a hand out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment