Thursday, February 28, 2019

Disgraced Magical Being Chapter 4


* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
M/M Content
Unedited Scene
* * *
The food had been excellent. What shocked me even more than the earlier interaction with Coven Leader Oaks was the friendly conversation him and his son carried on while they ate. More than that was the lack of servents I saw in the house. Coven Leader Oaks even gathered up the dirty dishes and took them into the kitchen. He had his son carry his own plate in and he refused to let me do the same. He told me I was a guest and guest did not clean the table. After the meal was over, including apple pie and ice cream, Coven Leader Oak took his son down to his room and put him to bed. I could hear him reading his son a story and he told his son he loved him.
It all had me scratching my head. None of the coven leader actions fit with what I had experienced growing up. If I had things in my life might have been different. I would not have changed meeting Kyle for anything. Nope. The time I had with him was the best of my life. It was why I chose to save him. My life had not mattered to me then. All that had was getting Kyle away from the fire.
“Ready to hear my story?” Coven Leader Oaks motioned me to follow him. “Let’s sit in the living room. It will be more comfortable.” I followed and then went to stand off to the side of the fireplace. “Take a seat. I told you this coven is not like the one you grew up in.”
A fact I was learning quickly. One I still did not trust completely. I expected any day for the joke I feared they were playing on me to come to an end at my expense.
“Ten years ago, I was in the same spot you are.” He sighed. “When I turned twenty-five my father gave me the choice like all Magical Beings get. Human World, or Coven life. I knew what my father desired, but he also knew what I did. There was no big deal made when I chose to live in the Human World. I had openly told my father that I knew what the coven expected the son of the coven leader to choose, but I could not do so. It would make my life miserable. He accepted my choice and told me if I ever changed my mind that I would be welcomed back into the coven with open arms, but I would have to work my way up the ranks like any other coven member who returned to the Coven Life.”
I must have huffed, because Coven Leader Oaks smiled at me.
“It is a hard story for another son of a coven leader to buy. All children, even the second, or young children, of a leader are told and taught from the get-go. I was no different, but like myself, my father chose to run the coven in a less formal manner. I have kept that tradition alive and it will never change as long as my family runs the coven.” He leaned back on the couch and crossed his legs. “Less than a month in the Human World I ran into Jacob. Best man I ever knew. He had my heart from the first word out of his mouth. I knew he was mine. Lucky for me, I did not have to explain what I was, because he also had chosen the Human World lifestyle.”
Wow. Lucky was right. Wished I’d been in the same boat. Wouldn’t have helped me in the end. I still did magic around other humans, meaning the Elders had to erase any humans’ mind that had saw me and Kyle disappear from the fire. If any survived. I hoped some had, but I feared they had all parrished. I would never know. Not since I had been sent back to the coven.
“A year after we moved in together Jacob came up pregnant. We had to come back to my coven until he gave birth.”
A rule that all Human World Magical Beings followed. It avoided the Magical World from being made known to the humans. Also meant that they had to pretend that their son was adopted. I wasn’t sure if that was something I could have done if Kyle had been a Magical Being. My mind would have desired for everyone to know that we had a son together. That I had carried the life inside me for nine months. Yet . . . I knew why the Magical World had such a rule.
“A year after Joshua was born, the three of us was in a park. I was pushing Joshua on a child safety swing. He was giggling and swinging his arms. Having the best time of his life. Just like we longed for him to have. After an hour of park time, I decided it was time to head back home. We made it halfway back when a group of men surrended us. Jacob stepped in front of the stroller and I moved in front of them. Tried to talk the people into leaving us alone. Gave them all the money I had, but it was not good enough. They had not wanted money. They were after pure fear. They had it from Jacob. I could feel his desire to get Joshua to safety. He begged and pleaded with me to get us out of there. I did not want to do so. I knew the risk, but I thought I could handle the situation. I was wrong. There were six guys against me. Jacob had thrown himself over the stroller when the guys charged me. I took on the five that circled me. One came after Joshua and he did what any father would have done. Tried to get our son to safety. He took hold of the stroller and began running the other way. He made it back to the park before he was caught by the guy. I finally got the five around me down and left to get to my family. By the time I got there Jacob was down and the guy was going after Joshua. I had no other choice.”
Shit. I wasn’t sure what I would have done if I found myself in that situation. Yes I did. I would have zapped me and my son to safety. I would have saved my son. Just like I saved Kyle. I would not have stood by and let a group of men attack my family, even if I was not the stronger Magical Being.
“I can tell you would have done what I did in the end. I regret my decision to avoid being sent back to live in the coven. My decision cost me that day. I will regret that day until the day I die. I took my son’s father from him. I took the love of my life from myself. Being sent back to the Coven World would have been better than losing Jacob.” He wiped his eyes, making me take a deep breath. Coven leaders did not cry. Did not show so much emotions in front of anyone, let alone a Disgraced Magical Being. “You can see that I do know the spot you are in. Sort of. I knew my father’s coven was different than others. I knew they would not turn their back on me. They would not treat me and Joshua like other Disgraced Magical Beings. My father had promised me that if I had to return to the Coven World for any reason that the Elders would allow me to come back to him. He had made the request, and it had been approved, before I even left for the Human World. Don’t get me wrong. I might have come back to my home coven, but I had to work my way from the bottom of the coven. Just like my father told me I would. I worked hard. Quickly moved through the ten steps of the coven. Soon as I reached the leadership level my father announced me as his heir. It was something I expected the Elders to kick on, but they stood by my father’s decision.”
Wow. The story was hard to believe, but the tingles in my arms promised me that I could believe what the guy said. Not only that, I could see the pain in his eyes. On his face. Those strong feelings could not be faked. Not good enough to trick me. Coven Leader Oaks was indeed like me. Knew what I had gone through. Knew how hard it had been for me to choose the Human World. There was a major difference. My father had immediately told the coven that his heir was my brother, who was two years young than me.
“I tell you this, hoping that it will give you some peace and allow you to begin to interact more with the coven members. I won’t promise that there aren’t some among the coven that will see you as equal, but they will not go against our way of life. They know the punishment if they do.”
The rest of the evening went by easier, but tension still clung to me while I sat and spoke in such a friendly manner with the coven leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment