Monday, March 4, 2019

Disgraced Magical Being Chapter 5



* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
M/M Content
Unedited Scene
* * *
Chapter 5
I’d been getting more and more involved over the last month. As I interacted with more coven members, I found out that what Coven Leader Oaks told me was pure truth. Most people did not view me as a Disgraced Magical Being. There were a few that sidestepped me when I approached but none spoke a word against me. Not even the  second in command, who had come into the kitchen to check on my . . . he called it ability, but I heard how he phrased it. Didn’t bother me though. What did was the heart filled ache that graced my mind every night when darkness fell. Being in the coven didn’t bother me as much as the loneliness that plagued my heart until it throbbed until I had no other choice but to scream into my pillow. The man who owned my heart was in the Human World. Where I should have been. His life moved forward. Mine would not. No one would replace him. I’d done my best not to put out the on the hunt vibe, but I must have failed.
A dark-skinned man came up and took the seat beside me. He was halfway into his introduction spill before I even realized he’d joined me. Like most of the time, when I wasn’t working, or buying supplies to spruce up my place, or with one of my few friends, I found myself reliving some event that me and Kyle attended. Wasn’t good for me, but I had not been able to stop from doing so. My mind and downtime did not work. It went right back to Kyle and our life. It wasn’t until the man offered me his hand to shake that I spotted the huge goofy smile stretched across his face. What alerted me to the man’s true intention was when he winked at me and scooted a bit close to me on the bench. Took every ounce of restraint I had to keep from jumping up from the picnic table. I did not want to be disrespectful. The man had done nothing wrong, but take an interest in me. Wasn’t his fault that my heart could not leave the Human World.
“Larry,” the rich deep voice flowed around me as the guy beside me stiffened.
I didn’t have to look up to know who had came up behind us. I’d seen him around several times each day. He might have no qualms about Disgraced Magical Beings, but he sure kept a watch over them. Or he was me. Was he afraid of me? Fear I would try to do as he had? Try to take his coven from him. Wasn’t happening. If I’d wanted that I would have just stay in the Magical World to start with. What I didn’t know was why Larry, the guy who’d been about to ask me out, became on edge when Coven Leader Oaks arrived.
“Thomas.” Larry took hold of my hand and gave it a squeeze before he stood up. “What a shock to see you out here today?”
“Not so much.” Coven Leader Oak’s tone held no admonishment, but there was something in the way the leader spoke. I’d heard it several times while I trailed behind my father. Father always had this manner about him that allowed him to make a point while he carried on a normal conversation. It wasn’t so much the tone he used, but the lack of words. In that case, Coven Leader Oaks had left something major unsaid. I wasn’t sure what. Or why? But I did know I was in between something that had everything to do about me and nothing to do with me at the same time.
I was up and gathered my trash into a neat little ball before I could take two breaths. Gave them each a slight nod and then left them there staring at one another. I was just about back to my house when Coven Leader Oaks jogged up to me.
“Jay, can we talk?”
“I . . .” What did I have to do? Not like anything took president over the coven leader. Him asking to speak was just him being polite. “What can I do for you?” I stopped, but kept my attention on a dark patch of grass beside my shoe.
“Can we go to you place?”
“Of course.” There wasn’t much for me to offer him there. The fridge barely kept water cold and the ice cooler I bought from the store the other week was empty. I did have some hot soda I could offer him, but . . . Wasn’t much, but at least he’d see I was trying to be a decent host.
“Where are we going?”
“You said . . .”
“No. I know, but you should not be living down here.”
“Why not?”
“This area is not livable.”
Fact I knew, but had not bothered to tell the second in command. Second in command assigned me this house. I’d never bothered to bring anyone here. Not because I was ashamed of where I lived, but because there was barely enough sitting area for me. There’d been no one at my house since the first day I arrived. Then it was just the woman who the second in command sent to show me to my job, and she didn’t even come in then. Most of the time when I met with my friends, I met them at their place or the dining hall.
“Where exactly did . . .”
I came to a stop in front of my home abode shack, not bothering to pause to let Coven Leader Oak regain his composure. Or whatever had came over him. I simply opened the door and motioned him to go inside. It might not be much, but I had made it as livable as I could with what little I had managed to buy over the last month. Would have been more if I had been able to bring in the money I had when I lived in the Human World, but that had all been combined with Kyle’s and I chose to leave it for him to use. He would never know where it came from, but at least I could tell myself I did not leave him with nothing. Same with the house I owned with him. I had the Elders fix the deed so it was completely in his name and while they were at it they paid off the loan we’d taken out to buy the nice little ranch house.
“This will be rectified.” Coven Leader Oaks’ tone had me jerking my head up and pausing on the red fiery face. “This . . . why did you not mention this to me . . . You should have told me when you came over for supper.” His phone was out and fingers flew across the screen. “What all have you put into this place to make it look this good?”
I wasn’t sure what was going on and found myself unable to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment