Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Disgraced Magical Beast Chapter 10



* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
M/M Content
Unedited Scene
* * *
Chapter 10
Over the last month I’d found myself getting out more and more. Mingling among the single alphas, but no one appealed to me. My heart no longer whined for Kyle, but my memories of our love had not faded from my memories. Wasn’t sure if it ever would. Sure kept me from being attracted to an alpha. Some showed interest in me, but no spark came so I nicely declined with a promise to reconsider.
Half of my supper meals had been spent with Thomas, yes I’m finally comfortable calling him that, and his son. We’d eat a nice supper, play a game or two with Joshua then Thomas put Joshua to bed. Afterwards we spent the rest of the night and sometimes early morning hours, talking. No specific topic. We’d discuss a show, football game, watch a movie, or simply sit in silence and sip our coffee or tea. After each visit I left and slept with no dreams of Kyle. A reprieve. Nothing like waking from a loving dream only to find yourself in a reality where that much love would never be again.
That night was going to be another one of those dreamless nights It eased me as much as breathing in Kyle’s colnge had.
“Hey, there big man.” I hefted Joshua over my shoulder as he rounded the corner of the living room wall.
“Bout time you got here.”
“Joshua.”
“Thomas, he’s fine. I am a bit late.”
“A problem on the way over?”
I shook my head and sat Joshua back on the floor. He took hold of my hand and then snatched Thomas’ and tugged us down the short hallway.
“No. Just got out of the kitchen later than normal.”
“Rush before you left?”
“Something like that.” I hoped Thomas took the hint that it wasn’t something to discuss in front of his son. He must have, because he pointed at the chair as he walked over to the stovetop and lifted a pot of the burner.
“Supper is simple tonight.” He sat a huge cast iron pot of spaghetti in the middle of the table. “Take your seat while I get the bread.”
“Need me to get the drinks?”
“I done them earlier.” Joshua gripped the edge of the chair and scrunched it across the floor as he scooted it under the table.
“You did?”
“Dad let me fill the cups with the ice tea we made last night.”
“Bet it’s perfect.”
“You know it is.” Thomas smiled over at me, making my heart skip a beat or two. Something else that’d been happening more and more over the last couple of nights with Thomas. I wasn’t sure why. I mean why would Thomas, a head-strong Coven Leader be drawn to me. Whoever he chose would be someone who could stand at his side while he led the coven. That wasn’t me. I was nothing but a Disgraced Magical Being, even if I wasn’t treated like one. A Coven might allow themselves be led by someone who worked their way up to leadership rank and then took back over his birth-given right, but they would not be kind to him if he took up with another Disgraced Magical Being. Specially an Omega one. Nope. Wouldn’t happen. Wasn’t going to even go to allow myself to think that it would. It’s why I squashed the first inkling of attraction flickered through my mind. Not that Thomas would have treated me poorly. He would have considered me an option. It was just the type of man he was. He’d give anyone that found a spark to him a chance, but there was no reason to even to let him know such existed inside me. Nope. Friends. That all that could be between us. It had taken me a couple of nights to grasp that concept. Once my mind and heart came to an agreement, I told myself to buck up and pick an alpha. It’s why I was late tonight. I’d called up Dallas, the Chef, and told him I had reconsidered his offer to take me out. He’d been thrilled and chatted on and on about how we’d have a great time going to the dance tomorrow night. The coven held monthly dances for the single and paired couples. Most people attended and they were a blast even if you didn’t come with someone. I’d never danced with anyone at them, but I’d gone to one or two and sat and chatted with some friends.
“Something wrong with the meal?”
I smiled over at Thomas and shook my head as I scooped a forkful into my mouth. Rest of the meal flew by and since it was so late when I got there we forwent the game night with Joshua. Young man was exhausted and all but fell asleep at the table. Thomas had carted him straight to bed while I fixed us a pot of coffee.
“He’s out like a light.” Thomas’s arm brushed against mine as he picked up his cup of coffee. “What happened?”
“What do you mean?” I took a sip and then carried my cup into the living room.
“You were later than normal. Not that it was a problem then you were pretty absent from the meal.”
Crap. Leave it to me. I knew the decision I made earlier in the day was the right one, but my heart still wasn’t into it, but . . . time was running out. In two weeks I’d either have to be locked away for a couple of weeks, or have an alpha lined up to help me through my Omega Heat. What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment