Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Disgraced Magical Being Chapter 6



* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
M/M Content
Unedited Scene
* * *

Chapter 6
“Jay,” Coven Leader snapped his finger in front of my face.
I shook my head and lowered it. “Sorry, Coven Leader - -“
“Thomas, please.”
“Sorry, Sir.” No way would I be able to address him so informal. I could all but feel my dad slapping me around for doing something so disgraceful. Hear him yelling me at how much like a true Disgraced Magical Being I was acting like. Didn’t want to give the men’s mental voice any validity, so I did what was best. Okay, ignoring the coven leader might not be wise, but it at least had me feeling more like a true bed Magical Being. Something I needed more and more each day. Not so much because I liked being one, but because I had to have some kind of identity since the rest of my life was going to be spent in the Magical World.
“None of the Sir, bit either. Just plain Thomas. We clear?”
Shit. No there was no way I could get by with addressing him by his proper title. He’d made it an order, even if he had not issued the order command. Nope. He’d done so like any good leader did. Insuinated and left it up to you to follow his unspoken order, or face punishment. Another trap I would not fall into.
“Jay, tell me how much money you have put into this place?” a beep from his phone gave me another second or two to avoid answering. “Your new place is being arranged. Now, onto my question.”
“About one hundred.”
“How many man hours?”
“Uh . . . Don’t know.”
“Then you’ll get paid for three weeks worth of construction labor and reimbursed the hundred. It will be in your account by tomorrow evening.”
“That’s not - -“
“It is necessary. I have no idea what my second was thinking. He knows better than this shit.” Coven Leader Oaks ran a hand over his face, muttering to himself. “Let me help you pack your belongings and then we can head over to your new place.”
“I can get it, Sir.” The faint huff had me backtracking on my response. “I mean . . . Thomas.”
“Wasn’t so hard was it?”
Matter of opinion. Sure took some of my pride, which I had very little left of. I needed every ounce of it I could mustard just make it through the day.
“Let’s talk while we pack.” He walked over to the small area off to the left and pulled opened the small dresser that held the few clothes I’d been allowed to bring with me. I’d yet to buy me anymore. Been focused on making the place livable.
“Thomas, seriously, Sir, I can pack up what I have.” I took the shirt from him and placed it back in the drawer. “You take a seat and we’ll talk while I work.”
“Fine.” He shook his head, muttering again. “I had hoped to find that you were enjoying your new place. I knew you’d made some friends and had been joining in with some evening activities.”
Course he knew. Every time I was among my friends, or outside of the house I saw him watching me. If that had been the case then . . . “How did you not know where I was living?”
“I’ve never been here. Never asked my second where he placed you.”
“You’ve been following me.” I hadn’t meant to bring that up, but it made a good point. I did not like being tested and that’s what this felt like. He’d followed me around to see how I’d react. My lack of telling him of my displeasure if my housing had told him something and he was ready to bust my balls about it. Sure seemed like something my father would have done, but I had not expected it from Coven Leader Oaks. Not after the way he spoke about Disgraced Magical Being being just another Magical Being.
“I . . . You spotted me. You are truly your father’s son.”
“I am not.”
Biggest insult the man could have given me. My father was a bastard. Strong one, it’s why he kept his position among his coven for so long. His entire family had managed to do so. Many fought off other to do so, but there was never a chance of his family being dethroned. Or there hadn’t been until his father came about. His father had given birth to a strong ass Magical Being, one more powerful than him, but . . . According to my father I threw his entire families desires away with one decision. Hadn’t been how I saw it. I knew that I would lose all but a small among of my power when I chose the Human World, but that hadn’t mattered to me. I never longed to follow in my fahter’s footsteps. My decision to join the Human World was not a simple rebellious act like my father thought. Noep. It was a way for me to have a life of my own. A life without having to be worried about how others lived. What troubles other got into. Not having to be rude to someone simply because they failed at living in the Human World. His belief in me being rebellious was why my father had not qualms about announcing his second son as his successor. My brother didn’t even carry a tenth of the power I had. I even had more than he did while living in the Human World, but that hadn’t mattered to my father. He wanted to show his family and every coven member how he treated those who threw away their lives. And that’s what he believed I did.
“I was not checking up on you.”
“Then why follow me.” I shut the suitcase and hefted it off the bed.
“I needed to ensure you were safe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment