Thursday, March 7, 2019

Disgraced Magical Being Chapter 8



* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
M/M Content
Unedited Scene
* * *
Chapter 8
Damn. That was the best fitting word I could come up with. The house wasn’t huge, but far from the one room run-down shack I’d been living in. The yellow and white trimmed two story house had a fresh coat of paint and flowered curtains shinned through the front windows.
“You can take down what you don’t’ like and give it back to the Storage Shed. They can reuse them for when we have to prepare another house.”
I walked into the house, taking note of the huge open floor plan. The size reminded me of the house I’d left behind. Not quite as big, but more than suitable for one person, even a newly paired couple. Not hat I would ever be that again. I’d lost my true love. There would never be another. Not for me. Didn’t want one either.
“The bedroom is upstairs. It has a bathroom of it’s own. There is a huge basement for storage.”
“Why give me such a nice place?”
“It is not a joke. I promise. This is stand housing for all single and newly pairs coven members.”
“Nice.”
“I told you that you are no different than any other Magical Being under me.”
The rest of his muttered response was not missed, but all it did was confuse me more. Oh, I’d heard about the type of Magical Being he referenced me to, but he was majorly mistaken. I was not a Jumper. Not someone strong enough to leap from bottom rank to the top level if I had been rated upon gaining my powers. I had been ranked into level eight when I was twelve, but all that power I had then faded away the moment I chose the Human World. It would not every come back to me. Oh, I would regain some of it over time, but never the full amount I had grew into.
“I came over to tell you that we are having a ranking in two weeks.”
“I heard that.”
“Truly, glad you are making friends. It will help you more than you know.” He snatched up the suitcase.
“Hey. That’s mine.”
“I’m just going to put it upstairs.”
“I can do that myself.”
“I know, but I need to.”
“Why?”
“When you are ready to know, you will know.”
“What!” I shouted as he topped the stairs and faded.
Several second later he descened the steps and made his way to the door. “I thought you were ready, but I can see you are still struggling with settling in.”
“You mean letting go of the Human World?”
“No.” Coven Leader Oaks sighed. “Yes, but I meant letting go of your love. As much as you hate to hear this, it will happen. Even by your choice, or by nature taking effect. It’s simply the way the Elders control those who had to return from the Human World.”
Another fact I knew, which was why I had been trying to find someone that interested me. Larry wasn’t someone who did. In fact, that guy freaked me out.
“Just make sure when you do start dating that you have to  be careful with your choices. I may run the area so that there are no such thing as a Disgraced Magical Being, but I still have some that do not quite believe the way I do. They do not go against me, but they do test the water at times.”
Other words, they would harm him, or use him to show others their position on people like him. And if they did, Coven Leader Oaks could only discipline them in small manners, because of the Elders rules.
“Let me guess, Larry is one of those people.”
“Yes.”
“How do you know?”
“He’s done so before.”
“Is your second one of those people?”
“Looks like it. He’s never showed so much distain before, and I will find out what his issue is. I fear it is one more personal than related to the reason you joined our coven.”
“Like what?”
“Fear.”
“Why would he fear me? I am no one.”
“You were though.”
“Huh?”
“You were the heir to your father’s leader position.”
“Was.”
“Doesn’t matter. That means you could work your way up like I did. Take over from me at some point and I fear my second is afraid that you will try to overtake me.”
“Wrong thinking.” Majorly. “I never want to lead. I might have been strong, but I am an Omega and no one would follow me. Not even if I had an Alpha beside me. Just like you said, not all believe in Disgraced Magical Beings leading, or breathing for that matter.”
“They do here.”
“Not all. You said so yourself.”
“Join me and Joshua for supper tonight?”
The shift in topic didn’t shock me. Simply told me he knew I was right and would not admit he had said such. Like any Alpha would do. Alpha weren’t rare among the Magical World. Omega weren’t either for the most part. Among the coven they were, which is why my father had kept that fact hidden, but I knew the Elders would have informed Coven Leader Oaks of my status. If others found out, the Alpha would go into a frenzy trying to claim me. It was ultimately my choice and I had done decided that I would not let my hormones dictate me. Nope. I would choose only when I was ready to. Not before. Knowing it would happen was just another reason I had been trying to convince my brain to date. I knew my cycle was coming and when it did, I would have to be secluded or choose an alpha. I knew I was no where ready for that, so . . .
“Jay?”

No comments:

Post a Comment