Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Disgraced Magical Being Chapter 3



* * *
Adult Content
If under 18 leave sight
M/M Content
Unedited Scene
* * *

I arrived at the location that Coven Leader Oak told him to. The house was simple. Was not grand looking, or large. Just another typical size house. It held a clean coat of tan paint and had a porch with large block style post. There was a swing on the left side and toys spread across the right side. A football. Skateboard. Helmet. Kneepads. Trucks. All typical things for an eight-year old. Sure wasn’t like any other coven leader’s house he saw before. Theirs held no toys. Most of their children were forbidden to play with such menial items. They were given tablets, taught to work a computer from the time they started to learn to read. I knew from personal experience. Not that I liked to remember those times. It was best forgotten. It did nothing but irate me.
I shook away the thoughts and knocked on the door. It was yanked open by a waist high semi-brown haired boy.
“Hey. You are Jay, right?”
“Joshua Leon Oaks, you know better than to answer that door.” Coven Leader Oaks came into the hallway, smiling at him. “Sorry, about that.” He waved me in. “He has more energy than I can keep up with at times. Hope your day is going well.”
“It is, Sir.”
“None of that now.” He held his hand out to me. “It is Thomas. Just a simple man. That’s all I am.”
Jay took his hand, caustiously. I did not think he would do me any harm while his son was there, but . . . no sense in letting my guard down.
“Joshua, go wash up for supper.”
“Yes, daddy.”
I watched the young boy rush into a room down the hallway. It was nice to see a child of a coven leader so free spirited and happy.
“Not what you expected.” Coven Leader Oaks waved me into the room he’d exited earlier. “Take a seat at the table while I get the last piece of steak off the stove.”
Steak? Wow. I had never seen a coven leader serve a guest anything so grandious, especially not to a Disgraced Magical Being. Not like I’d ever heard of one like myself being invited to supper with the coven leader and his family. I was taken back by it all. My nerves were high, making me rub my wrist so much they ached. My stomach felt like a pound of vomit sat there waiting for the right moment to make itself known. My mouth tasted like a ton of sand had been shoved inside it.
“Take your seat, Joshua.”
Joshua pulled the seat out beside me and rested his arms on the table as Coven Leader Oaks sat a plate of nicely browned steak in the middle of the table between a huge bowl of salad and a plate of foil covered potatoes. The mere sight of it all had me standing up and rushing down the hallway. I was inside the room I saw Joshua enter earlier and over the commode within a second.
A light knock had me turning my head as I stood and wiped my mouth.
“Wash rags next to the sink is clean.” Coven Leader Oaks gave me a faint smile, making my stomach drop, but I had nothing else to throw up. Thankfully. I had all ready showed how lousy of a Disgraced Magical Being I was. “You are still skittish of being here. I should have waited until I knew you were more comfortable with our coven. I am sorry for putting you in this position.”
I cut the tap on and wet the rag, wiping it across my mouth and around the back of my neck. The coolness eased some of the heat radiating from my skin. Nerves sucked. My lack of steal will was why my father promised I would never amount to anything. It was always why I chose to live among the humans, instead of staying with my family. Not like I fit in there anyway. Not like they let me forget it either.
“I had hoped that you could take peace from being here. I know it is very different than how you grew up, but . . .”
His kindness did nothing to ease my distress. It only put me on guard more and that was not a good thing. Once I reached my limit my mouth ran away. And it did exactly that.
“Is this some kind of trick? If so, I am thoroughly embarrassed. You can stop the kindness. I can take whatever you and your coven can give. It’s not like I did not come here expecting anything other than what I knew would happen to me. I made my decision among the human world and I will always stand by it. I will take my punishment and accept whatever comes with it. I knew what being a Disgraced Magical Being entailed. Still, I saved the man I loved. I will never regret it.”
Coven Leader Oaks came into the bathroom and spun me to face him. My entire body said to step back. Brace for impact. Attack back. I knew better. I’d just said I would take whatever came my way and I meant it. So I stood there and waited for him to strike me. What I got had me falling to my knees.
His hand brushed against my cheek. “This is no joke.” Those soft hands took hold of my arms and tugged me back to my feet. “I might have rushed things with you. I should have expected it to be harder for you to believe what I said. I knew your background. Knew your decision was not regretted. I also know what you it took to do what you did. I know you do not and never would regret it. And I mean I know.”
“How?” I was tired of the insuination of the leader’s personal knowledge of my actions.
“I did the same thing several years back.”
“I’m not fool.” I finally gave into my body’s desire to step back.
“I know that. Come sit down. Let’s eat. Let me put my son to bed, then I will tell you my story.”
“What do I have to lose. Not like I can tell you no.” I stepped around him and returned to the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment