Monday, January 17, 2022

An Entourage of Love Chapter 17


* * *

Unedited Free Written Story

Adult Content. If under 18 leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 17

Bobby carried the last empty plate of food Tommy to the sink. It’d taken him and Daniel both working side by side with Tommy to calm their wolves down. James, Larry, and Tony all sat around the table discussion who might have discovered that Tony and Tommy was alive. They’d came up with nothing and ended up with all them sending out queries to people they knew who would keep their mouths shut. Amazed Bobby just how many contacts Larry had stashed around. He wasn’t a Don like Tony, but he had friends all across the US willing to aid him in a drop of a hat. How had he gotten so many people willing to do such? What amazed him more was that would be him one day.

“Tommy,” Tony came over and gave Tommy a huge hug. “Stay around one of your mates at all time until we get to the bottom of who knows we are alive.”

“Yes, Uncle.”

“Bobby, I sent you an email with an address. Check it before Monday and I will see you bright and early then.” He gave me a nod then headed for the empty doorway. 

“Tommy,” Daniel frowned after Tony. “Will he fix the door or do we?”

“He will have someone here within an hour. He won’t leave it like that.” Tommy cut the spickget on and squeezed some dishwashing liquid into the sink.

“While he washes the dishes,” Larry waved us back to the table, “you two join me and James. I have some news to share.”

What’s he talking about? Being able to talk to James without us having even been together seemed odd, but came in handy when he was still gaging how his brothers worked.

There’s no telling, but whatever it is . . . We will handle it together. Come take the seat beside me, my love.

Bobby pulled the seat out and moved it a bit closer to James and took James’ hand under the table. He was still distrubed about letting Tommy see any kind of affection between the two them when the connection between them was so . . . Or had been so deep. He thought. Guess the Fated Mate connection changed things more for Tommy than it had for him. Didn’t really matter. They were both going to have to adjust to having at least two mates. Him maybe more at some point and time.

“I have the dates for the wedding ceremonies.” Larry’s comment had him jerking upright and he was sure he broke some of James’ fingers. “Are you ready for them?”

“Larry,” James patted the top of his hand. “Don’t you think you are rushing things a little bit?”

“No, bro, I’m not. You know I don’t like things left unattended.”

James shrugged. “I’ve told Bobby if he’s not happy or ready for the date you’ve selected I will refuse it.”

“James!” 

Larry’s shout pulled a curse from Tommy and had him and Daniel both looking his way. 

“Sorry. He muttered. Startled me.”

“Sorry.” Larry sighed. “It took me all night to get these dates chosen.”

“I meant what I said, Larry. I won’t let you railroad me on this issue.”

“James,” Bobby had to force his tone to stay steady and level. “I’m sure whatever date he’s selected will be alright. What are the dates?”

“I thought Tommy and Daniel could get married on Thursday and then go on their time alone when he is out of hiding. Is that alright with you Daniel?”

“Fine with me.”

Damn. He did not even consult Tommy. Cal demanded he do so, but there wasn’t anything to be done about it. It wasn’t him and his wolf’s place to interfere in their relationship. Or it wouldn’t have been if Tommy hadn’t dropped a second plate.

“You okay, Tommy?” Daniel’s tone was full of concern, even if his eyes held none.

“Yes, mate.” 

Tommy’s tone seemed wrong. Uneasy. And why was he calling him mate instead of Daniel or some other kind of devoted name. He’d not called him mate all the time. Hadn’t wanted him to. Did Daniel? Was that what had Tommy in some kind of state of . . .

Bobby cleared his throat, but Tommy remained focused on the dishes. He made the chair scrap the floor, which he knew Tommy disliked more than anything, but once again he paid his attempt to get him to look his way no attention. It was as if he avoided him on purpose. Whatever bothered him was major and he knew Cal would pick up on whatever distrubed Stay. And Cal growled and snarled, making me fidgit.

My love, what is wrong?

Something is wrong with Tommy. He wont’ look at me. It’s upsetting Cal. Sorry if I bothered you.

No, it’s fine. Want me to see if I can get you some time with him?

It’d be easy for him to let James take control, but him and Daniel had to work as a team. Get along. Having James go to him when he wanted to speak with his wolf mate would not show his strength and Cal and him both held more power than his baby brother, Daniel. Only right he face him when he wanted to speak to his wolf mate.

I’ll handle it with Daniel in a minute, but thanks.

Let me know if I can help.

“Hey, you two is that date alright?” Larry waved a hand in front of James’ face.

“Sorry, Larry. I was not listening.”

“Gathered as much.” Larry rolled his eyes. “I asked if a week from Tuesday is alright for your and Tommy’s marriage?”

“Tommy, baby, is that alright with you?”

He turned enough that a bit of his face showed and nodded, but Bobby caught a twinkle in his eye as he said, “It’s great, honey.”

“That’s your answer, Larry.”

“Then . . . James, is this coming Thursday fine for yours and Bobby’s wedding?”

Seemed fast to him, but he wasn’t going to disagree with whatever James said. Larry had done said how hard he worked to come up with these dates. And if he was honest, he couldn’t wait to be married to Tommy. Only fair he did the same with James. Wasn’t it.

My love, is that alright with you? I will reject it and tell him to make it further off.

He new James would, but why put off what would happen. It’s fine with me. It has to be done. Let’s go one and make it official.

My love, I don’t won’t you to marry me just because you think it has to be done. If you don’t want to be with me because you want to and care about me then I will refuse you and let you move on with your life.

James, I don’t know how to respond to that. God all this has been slammed at me at onces and I don’t know what to think.

He shoved away from the table and stomped out the doorless doorway, stomping all the way to the railing.

“It will need to be rescheduled.”

Bobby listened in as he stared out over the bright green grass, trying to ease Cal and himself with long and shallow deep breaths.

“I need to know why?”

“Simple, bro, it is not your business. I am not your pack members.”

“James . . . I know that but he lives in my area.”

“Yes, he lives in your area, but he out ranks you when it comes down to it.”

“What does that mean?”

Good question. What did James mean? I was no one. Just a lone wolf living in Larry’s area. He could force me out if he wanted to. He did not even have to sanction my wedding to Tommy or James.

“He is next in line for the Stake Territory.” Tommy’s soft, tenor tone held so much pride and honor that Bobby’s entire body oozed with calmness.

“I did . . . I mean . . . Hell fire, I did not know that. I’m sorry.”

“Excuse me,” James huffed as a chair scuffed the floor and Tommy grunted and muttered something about picking up the damn chairs instead of scooting them. “I have to check on Bobby.”


No comments:

Post a Comment