Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Stolen Choices Chapter 23 Part 2

 

* * *

Unedited Free Written Story

Adult Content. If under 18 leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

“Doubtful.”

“I think this is too risky.”

“Thought you wished me to go my own way?”

“I do. Did. Do. Ugh . . .” Alexander hand ran over his face as a rush of air left his mouth. “I wish for things to be handled differently and I know you can do so, but to go against Dracula’s order. It could go all kinds of ways bad. For you.”

“But it will go all kinds of way good for the world as a whole. Can’t it?”

“Yes, but . . .”

“The worst Dracula will do is lock me away.”

“Wrong. He can kill you.”

“I’m Elizebta’s son. He loves her. She will not let him kill her eldest and favorite son.”

“You are risking too much on her status among the Royal Blood Society. And Dracula’s lover towards your Sire.”

He was right, but he’d watched the two of them since he’d been turned Vampire. Those two were closer than any lovers he’d ever seen. Elizebta was his trump card, so to speak. 

“You’ve got that stone-cold-red-fire-killer face on, so I know you can not be talked out of doing things this way, so I’ve got your back.”

“Like always.”

“Always will.”

“Guess you should call Julian in to setup the press conference for you.”

Julian’s thrilled voice about a second press conference could be heard in his mind before he even picked up phone. That man loved nothing better than press. Good or bad. Both he swore brought people to your side. Guess he was right, but having negative people on one’s side wasn’t always the best thing. He wouldn’t be keen on the topic or the gigantic amount of work that would be coming his way once the speech went live. There would be so many fires for him to control or put out that he’d be a sleepless zombie for a week or two, unless he could find a bigger story to toss into the limelight. He’d do his best to do so.

“He’s really going to love and hate you, isn’t he?” Alexander’s small chuckle had me doing the same as I dialed his number.


No comments:

Post a Comment